Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2nd hand clothes trade in

Options
  • 24-11-2013 8:09pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 107 ✭✭

Does anyone know where I can trade in second hand clothes in Dublin or Cork? FOR CASH

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

http://www.clearout.ie/shops.html

You just get scrap price for them by weight. So a black bag of baby clothes might be €7. A bag of mens jeans could be €10. All depends on the weight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

I'm not sure clearout.ie's still going in Cork. They opened several shops here in Cork and all have closed down now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭camel jockey

Does anyone know where I can trade in second hand clothes in Dublin or Cork? FOR CASH

Trade In FOR CASH? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Trade In FOR CASH? :rolleyes:

That threw me initially too. I think she means sell as opposed to a clothes exchange.

There are several companies around the country that buy clothes as junk, by weight. Or, try the second hand dress shops as, naturally, they buy clothes to sell on.

Assuming OP is female -sorry. If male then it's less likely you'll get a buyer except as clobber.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

You could sell them on adverts.ie, it's a little bit more effort, but you'd certainly make more money than you would in those dodgy little shops that pay by the weight of the clothes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Shop near me had some €15 per bag sign, but it turned out they did weigh them. I have a fairly big bag for clothes for washing, I think it was only 10kg when brimming. Some stuff weighs a lot more, like jeans.

Advertisement