Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ipad 3 still worth buying?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Dades wrote: »

Oh, and whatever you do, don't buy a iPad 2.

Why do you say no to the iPad 2?

We are looking at purchasing something this weekend and I am trying to convince everyone that the Air is the way to go but they are all looking at the price and saying that the ipad 2 is better. Am I right in saying that for the sake of 100 yoyo we are future proofing or is the ipad 2 going to last 4 or 5 years of basic stuff?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69 ✭✭gorevs

tui0hcg wrote: »
    Why do you say no to the iPad 2?

We are looking at purchasing something this weekend and I am trying to convince everyone that the Air is the way to go but they are all looking at the price and saying that the ipad 2 is better. Am I right in saying that for the sake of 100 yoyo we are future proofing or is the ipad 2 going to last 4 or 5 years of basic stuff?

If you are looking at future proofing go for the air. Pony up the few extra bob and you will be glad you did in years to come. The air is way more powerful and will be able to update software for years to come. Better quality screen, graphics and chip inside. Along with small decrease in size and large decrease in weight will make it worth it. I've had them all except for the 4 and would say that the weight and size reduction (screen size the same) makes the air the best one and easier to handle and carry around

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

gorevs wrote: »
    369 euros for the refurb 4 is a great deal in my opinion. Up to a few months ago the refurb 3 was 389. I have bought plenty of refurb 3 for people who, use for general surfing, video, FaceTime to and they are delighted. Some people this year I got them to pay the extra 20' to go for the 4, futureproofing with lightning cable etc. 369 ve original price of 509 is a nice discount. I still think the 3 at 349 is good value for normal users

It would be a great deal if it could be got. The cheapest refurb iPad 4 on the Irish site is €619 for a Wifi+Cellular 64GB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,941 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

It would be a great deal if it could be got. The cheapest refurb iPad 4 on the Irish site is €619 for a Wifi+Cellular 64GB.
    The store gets restocked every morning around 2am.. Tuesday morning tends to be a good time to get stuff, but as mentioned previously it does vary. Friend of mine got a refurb 4 last we'd morning at 2,30am, so it can be done.

• Advertisement

gorevs wrote: »
    The store gets restocked every morning around 2am.. Tuesday morning tends to be a good time to get stuff, but as mentioned previously it does vary. Friend of mine got a refurb 4 last we'd morning at 2,30am, so it can be done.

Yeah thanks for that. Will keep an eye out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭micks_address

Yeah thanks for that. Will keep an eye out.

Hi folks so I picked up an ipad air and case in the states. Just wondering is the charger OK to plug into a US two pin to three pin Irish socket adapter? I do this with my nexus 4 adapter and it works fine.

Cheers mick

Hi folks so I picked up an ipad air and case in the states. Just wondering is the charger OK to plug into a US two pin to three pin Irish socket adapter? I do this with my nexus 4 adapter and it works fine.

Cheers mick

Should be no problems with that. Maybe have a quick google but I can't see any issue with that.

good bit of stock in refurb shop now, it has been bare enough for last few weeks

http://store.apple.com/ie/browse/home/specialdeals/ipad/ipad4gen/wi_fi

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭splashthecash

I use an iPad2 and it is perfectly fine in terms of performance - this is running the latest version of iOS also.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Casey78

Hi it's the OP here.
    I ended up buying an ipad 3 from the UK off ebay for €220 delivered using Parcel Motel.
    The advert said Grade C condition but it is more like Grade B+ or even A-. There are a few minor scratches on the back but the screen is perfect. Who looks at the back anyway!
    I'm very happy with it so far and Sky Go works like a charm on it which is a big big plus for me.
    Fair enough it's not the latest tech but for my first tablet I'm more than happy with it.

Advertisement