Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pain in elbow. help needed.

• 24-11-2013 9:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭

When I hold the bow in my left hand and draw back I get pain in my left elbow. It is not sore at any other time. Only when I put it under pressure.
    Has anyone had this or heard of this.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

I would suggest you get a physio to look at that.

Archers can suffer from 'Tennis Elbow' and it's very disabling if it gets established. Would require a long time away from archery.

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43 Sligophoto

If it is tennis elbow (more to do with tendons actually than the elbow joint itself) compression is very helpful so a tubular stretchy bandage is good along with neurone or similar). Allow to heal so you have a short archery break now and not a long enforced break later. Go to a good physio as Greysides suggests.

Advertisement