Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PDC World Championship 2014

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I couldn't stop laughing watching it. It really was truly awful stuff. Suljovic breaks Webster to go 2-1 up in sets.

Despite the awful darts at times I'm enjoying this match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭BNMC

Webster's an extremely frustrating player to watch. He goes from the sublime to the ridiculous at times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,210 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Lovely 150 outshot from Webster there.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

What the hell happened there! Suljovic missed the big number twice and didn't get a shot at a double from 53. Webster then takes out 43 to win. That's criminal from Suljovic.

Delighted Webby won.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,210 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Kingp35 wrote: »
    What the hell happened there! Suljovic missed the big number twice and didn't get a shot at a double from 53. Webster then takes out 43 to win. That's criminal from Suljovic.

Delighted Webby won.

Yeah missing single 17 and then single 15 is just unacceptable at this level. Pure nerves though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

i had a feeling that tonight was going to be one of the harder nights viewing of the first round

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Gotya

Wade v D. Webster is a good game, wade in trouble! 2-1 down in sets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,993 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Wade standing on the edge of the cliff here.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭gugsy

Webster not bad at all good finisher. Good game

Come on wadey man!!... Webster not missing that double top

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Bye Bye Wade :P

Yer man is on fire

anyone getting onto the 7/4 for Wade to come back? ;)

wade gone by the looks of things i didnt see this coming he needs a miracle now!!

maybe he is going to get it

all over bye bye wade

Jeepers, hard work that was

Was never going to be easy for Webster to hit that winning double..

Good grief. How is Wade still in this.

Gotya wrote: »
    Was never going to be easy for Webster to hit that winning double..

Had six darts to win it, gonna regret it I'd say knowing sod's law

• Advertisement

that was probably websters chance gone now i would think

Wade got lucky id say wade will come back and win this now. That was websters chance and he bottled it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,595 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Quality bottling by Webster

I feel for Webster, it should be over. He has been by far the better player. No idea how Wade is ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

wade got awful lucky witin a wire of being out,feel sorry for webster

crazy stuff webster's going to have a rough few nights sleep after this. anyone back the wade comeback in running?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭mr.jingle

Wade is just the man for these type of matches, he's a serious scrapper.

Been a good match a pity the crowd aren't even watching it

Wade = blessed.

seen Webster as low as 4/9 and Wade 7/4 on PP, they were giving 5/6 on Webster before he checked the 68 out straight after the Wade 180 in game 4 4th set

mr.jingle wrote: »
    Wade is just the man for these type of matches, he's a serious scrapper.

Been a good match a pity the crowd aren't even watching it

they've been treated to a very good night so far the Webster and Webster/Wade games ave been fantastic,pity half em are at the Poznan and chanting over at other parts of the crowd half the night lol

ebbsy wrote: »
    Wade = blessed.

thats for sure although alot of the big names have started well below par

i would expect wade to beat andy smith and set up a 3rd round game against justin pipe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

Anyone got a link to the draw so I can see who meets who as the tournament progresses, like sky put it on screen

liam7831 wrote: »
    Anyone got a link to the draw so I can see who meets who as the tournament progresses, like sky put it on screen

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=87799135&postcount=19

I'm not sure about Lam's glasses.

liam7831 wrote: »

or here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_PDC_World_Darts_Championship

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭DuckHook

Camera work getting on my nerves..do we really need to pan to some gimp in the crowd between almost every throw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭buzzing147

Darren webster blew it against wade, shame, 6 missed doubles, reminded me of michael gregory

Nightmare too that suljovic didnt win, he had that match in the bag a set up and 2-0 ahead. ah well.

DuckHook wrote: »
    Camera work getting on my nerves..do we really need to pan to some gimp in the crowd between almost every throw.

The camera men should be focusing more on the dancers :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

That bull to win the set from Lam was brilliant. Totally unexpected.

Was Funny :) Shame he didnt win :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭BNMC

Wasn't unexpected at all, he intentionally hit a single 20 to leave the bull. He barely missed a bull all night so he was confident he would hit it first time.

BNMC wrote: »
    Wasn't unexpected at all, he intentionally hit a single 20 to leave the bull. He barely missed a bull all night so he was confident he would hit it first time.
    It was unexpected to me, both commentators, the referee and I'm sure a lot of others...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,281 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Great stuff out of Painter tonight, was the only player to show anything decent.

Savage checking out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

Wade dug himself a serious hole last night and Webster gave him a ladder.
    The nerves got to Webster on that D4 and it just shows that it's not over till it's over.

From being one dart away he was suddenly a whole set a way and the wind went out of his sails from there.

BNMC wrote: »

I assume it was because Lam plays a lot of soft tip darts where they constantly aim for the Bull so he felt confident that he would hit it. It was still unexpected though and a great shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭DuckHook

Kingp35 wrote: »
    I assume it was because Lam plays a lot of soft tip darts where they constantly aim for the Bull so he felt confident that he would hit it. It was still unexpected though and a great shot.

I like newtons reaction...had that "cheeky bugger but fair play" kind of look on his face.

Yer man just strolled back like a boss.

Wright on song

wright is good enough for the premier league in my opinion he is a bit of the top 3or4 but has a cult following and is a good character and consistent which is the main thng,

would love to see caven beat barney in the next match
    will never happen but should be close at the same time caven has won one or two minor events earlier this year and seems to be getting used to the cameras they have been his bogie in the past

• Advertisement

Caven right back in it. Looked a goner 10 minutes ago. So close to a 9 darter too.

Advertisement