Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

louth wild campers question.

Options
  • 24-11-2013 10:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭

question for the guys that do some wild camping mainly in louth area,would you camp this time of year and where if any is there good pitch to set up tent for the night test out a bit of new gear i'm getting shortly.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭paulocon2

Did you find anywhere to camp?

I wouldn't mind wild camping in the Cooley Mountains at some stage. I am sure there are plenty of spots just down off the main ridge. Walked there a few times and from recollection, there are quite a few sheltered spots along the ridge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭feck sake lads

paulocon2 wrote: »
    Did you find anywhere to camp?

I wouldn't mind wild camping in the Cooley Mountains at some stage. I am sure there are plenty of spots just down off the main ridge. Walked there a few times and from recollection, there are quite a few sheltered spots along the ridge.

no not yey will have to rethink my set up on the bike its not working out as i want it.mind you i was thiking more baltray than the coolies as tis is a test run to see what workd what doesn't.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭paulocon2

no not yey will have to rethink my set up on the bike its not working out as i want it.mind you i was thiking more baltray than the coolies as tis is a test run to see what workd what doesn't.:eek:

I'd probably feel a lot safer up in the Cooley Mountains than in Baltray! Often see people wild camping in some of the woodland around Townley Hall but it's not an area I'd like to camp at. Wondering if there is anywhere down around Dunany as it'd be a lot quieter down there than at Baltray.

came across a place on the way to annagassin cant think of the name of the townland but beautifull place only problem 2 big farm houses near by not sure if it would be possible to wild camp.next time i'm out i'll take pics of it.
    i think the picnic area in townly hall was occupied by polish guys living there in tents:D:D i know of another place lakeside walk class place but again not sure how safe it is but sure is lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,931 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

What do you mean by safe? Getting caught for trespassing/lighting a fire or getting attacked by scum?

• Advertisement

Thargor wrote: »
    What do you mean by safe? Getting caught for trespassing/lighting a fire or getting attacked by scum?

well i got attacked by SCUM not to long ago but ive no doubt they will get there comeupins in the near future.

yeah just like to think i would feel at ease i usually use campsites but this time of year as you know there all closed.

Advertisement