Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox latency issue need help ASAP

Options
  • 24-11-2013 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭

I have a really weird problem with my X1.

Anytime I go online it lags like mad. At first i thought my connection might have slowed or that maybe my modem needed resetting... but no

To double check i loaded up a game on my PC and to my surprise my ping was back to normal. I turned on my X1 and nearly immediately my ping rose to 300+.

It seems like anytime my X1 is on my ping goes up like mad... Which then means I can't play online.

Anyone heard of this problem or am I going mad :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭dubaicentral

Lag most of the time would indicate a nat issue or poor connection (too far away from the router or too many devices connected to your network etc), however judging by some of the details in your post this might not be the case. Anyway head over to network in the settings section and if your nat type is anything other than open you probably need to get some ports opened by your isp (or you can do it yourself if you feel you can). http://support.xbox.com/en-IE/xbox-one/networking/network-ports-used-xbox-live

Also do a connection test to see if that throws up anything.

I am not saying the above suggestions are going to work and you might be aware of them already but its worth a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭paddyk

I have UPC. My pings normally are between 15-30 ms. On the xbox ONE it is showing as 155 ms. I am hard wired. My upload is showing as 183 down and 10 up, Its just the ping seems very very high. Just wondering does anyone know what server the network test on the ONE uses?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

Try changing your location in the xbox settings to uk or other and see if it's different.
    It may be the way the xbox is routed through the microsoft network?

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭D_BEAR

paddyk wrote: »
    I have UPC. My pings normally are between 15-30 ms. On the xbox ONE it is showing as 155 ms. I am hard wired. My upload is showing as 183 down and 10 up, Its just the ping seems very very high. Just wondering does anyone know what server the network test on the ONE uses?

My pings are around 160ms wired. On my computer pinging boards.ie they are 26ms. I wonder where is the xbox server its pinging is based.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

D_BEAR wrote: »
    My pings are around 160ms wired. On my computer pinging boards.ie they are 26ms. I wonder where is the xbox server its pinging is based.

Its Seattle.

I've done pretty much everything I can think of to get online working without lag.. but no luck.

The second my Xbox connects online, my connection slows considerably.
    It's like my Xbox is uploading/downloading in the background.

Pretty pissed off TBH :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Its Seattle.

I've done pretty much everything I can think of to get online working without lag.. but no luck.

The second my Xbox connects online, my connection slows considerably.
    It's like my Xbox is uploading/downloading in the background.

Pretty pissed off TBH :(

In your network settings on the xbox one is your Nat type showing as open?
    Can you post a ping test result from www.pingtest.net

What games are you playing?
    Currently Battlefield 4 is experiencing online issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 davegd78

there is an issue when you test your detailed network stats on Xbox One as its trying to ping Seattle as previously stated. not Ireland

also what game are you playing??

Ea Servers are a mess at th moment on games like BF4 etc...

also make sure your nat us set to open...

do you have any other games you could try??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

I've tried BF4,FIFA and AC4 and I've gotten lag in all.

I still believe my Xbox is Downloading/uploading in the background.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 BLissIRL

The servers we connect to for live are 4 regions in US , the high latency is due to the latency test being done to those data-centers, This is why all Europe are seeing 150 to 150 plus for latency . I sure hope they plan to ramp this up and deploy European based data-centers other wise we will see fairly disadvantaged gaming, IE party of people mainly comprised of uk/IRL and Europe players end up getting crushed due to high latency in packet response which of course translates to pouring a clip of bullets into a US player only to have him one shot kill you after said clip has been emptied.

SO much **** is wrong with XB1 right now hope they fix it ALL . @ Mr Blobby Your xbox is not uploading downloading int he background - any and all of those are visible from menus via progress bars. Even if you are uber paranoid you can temp setup the xbox one to share the laptops wifi connection and run wireshark and record where and what packets are going/doing.

Advertisement