Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD or NUIG for college? Can't decide!

• 25-11-2013 12:22am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭

I'm going to college nex year and I am really conflicted as to what to put first on my CAO form. It's either going to be:

English with Drama in UCD

OR

Arts in NUIG

What one do you think would be better? Also,I'd like to know other factors such as social life,course content

In NUIG I'd probably be studying English,Creative Writing,Journalism and Drama(perhaps substituting one of the subjects with Spanish as I hear it's easy to learn)

Could anyone give me a bit of advice?
    I live in Galway but not in the actual city so I guess it would be handier and also nobdy I know would be going to Galway but I also love how both courses are described.

Can anyone help me make a decision lol? :)
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Lollipop95 wrote: »
    I'm going to college nex year and I am really conflicted as to what to put first on my CAO form. It's either going to be:

English with Drama in UCD

OR

Arts in NUIG

What one do you think would be better? Also,I'd like to know other factors such as social life,course content

In NUIG I'd probably be studying English,Creative Writing,Journalism and Drama(perhaps substituting one of the subjects with Spanish as I hear it's easy to learn)

Could anyone give me a bit of advice?
    I live in Galway but not in the actual city so I guess it would be handier and also nobdy I know would be going to Galway but I also love how both courses are described.

Can anyone help me make a decision lol? :)
    Thanks!
    You would have to aim for specific course to get journalism on arts in Galway as journalism is not available on the main arts degree. The same with Creative Writing. You can only do one of them on a course.
    English in first year isn't bad. Do a mix of American Poetry, Medieval lit like beowolf and dante's inferno and novels like 1984, butcher boy, jane eyre.
    2 essays a semester and exam is do 2 q's.
    What are you aiming to get out of the course? That should have a major role in deciding where you go and what would be best
    Arts first year is 16 hours a week. Don't know about UCD wrt hours etc but can see it being similar enough
    Both courses will have plenty of reading giving their nature but not too much or anything too difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 abhayveer02

Any plz help, got an offer of MSc Biotechnology from nuig, is it good university to study that.. also my ucd offer is awaiting i might be get rejected, dont know but every one here in india says that ucd is better than nuig in all wat and especially in biotechnology
    is nuig well known across the world??
    Plz reply

Advertisement