Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fresh veg

Options
  • 25-11-2013 12:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭

just wondering where would be the best place to get fresh vegetables locally as there seems to be loads of places poping up in recent years (dont say tescos or aldi ect please) i can think of 3 in lusk, only one on a farm on the skerries road and 2 in rush based in farm yards, where would be the best for the spuds and veg for the dinner? thanks in advance
    S

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

You could try Farm Fresh in Skerries - on Strand St near Olive Deli & Café.
    I shop there myself when I can & I find them great value.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭martinn123

My OH buys all the veg, from the couple, at the Roundabout on the Skerries Rd, Good value.

have tried the Van in Murray's Car park at the weekends, also good value

In Rush, Butterly's beside the Esso, on Main St source their Veg fresh daily from the Veg market in Dublin, apart from what they grow themselves.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

In Swords there's a very good fruit & veg shop in the Castle Shopping Centre, and of course good old JC's supermarket buys from North County producers.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Maf180

Agree with Hill Billy.

Farm Fresh in Skerries always have a good selection and good value.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

Superfresh in milfield .my son used to work there.the strawberrys they have in now are Dutch but my god they are delish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭CinammonGirl

New vegetable shop opening on the main street in Balbriggan (was previously a barber's I think, beside the dry cleaners). The guy has a stall out on the forecourt at the moment but will be moving into the shop shortly. Says the veg are from NCD, the brussel sprouts were still on stalks!

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭thegrowreport

The guy selling fruit and veg on a Saturday in the carpark opposite Murray's in Lusk is excellent value. Great selection of locally grown produce and great prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Butterly on upper main st in Rush, beside Esso (where the fuel is also cheaper than most around). Excellent value and good choice. They grow a lot of their own and source most of it locally on a daily basis. Best spuds we have had in while were from them and some lovely sprouts last week end

Advertisement