Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have to leave my council house im scared

Options
  • 25-11-2013 12:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi im not sure if anyone can help but ive been living in a council house for around 5 years now and all was fine for the first year and all hell broke loose. Then all quietened down again until last week where my partner was taken somewhere by a group of men that live on the estate because they think he is a rat even though he wouldn't ever do that he thought these men were his friends he would help them out whenever they needed. Anyway they took him off and threatened his life he was kept against his will and threatened and was told if he told anyone he would be killed. We are quiet people and do not cause bother with anyone now I dont know what to do we cant go to the guards because they will know and we cant stay in the house out of fear for our self's and the kids we just dont know what to do and we cant see the council helping us. If anyone has any help or advice please get in touch thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭burgermasters

Look for an inte transfer you can do it privately as long as your on the transfer list, Don't report them, sounds like that would be a bad move,

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭burgermasters

Look for an inte transfer you can do it privately as long as your on the transfer list, Don't report them, sounds like that would be a bad move,

• Registered Users Posts: 12 leeleed

only problem with that is it will take too long i dont want to spend another night in that house ever again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

I'm really sorry OP. But I think you will HAVE to get the Gards involved. I understand you're scared, but I really don't see you've much choice. These bullies are relying on the fact you're frightened. If you leave that house now, where will you go and what will you do? You've got kids -right?? Are you able to get some money together and rent privately?

Can you go down to the council offices in the morning and explain what's happened? If you get a report from the Gards, that'll help strengthen your case.

i plan on going to the council in the morning and local TD's but i honestly cannot go back to that house if all else fails im going to have to move to england. Jesus the things they did they would get locked up for but I just cannot go to the guards they will know it is us and that will be it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

leeleed wrote: »
    i plan on going to the council in the morning and local TD's but i honestly cannot go back to that house if all else fails im going to have to move to england. Jesus the things they did they would get locked up for but I just cannot go to the guards they will know it is us and that will be it

Your only option is the gardaí ring them immediately

Not being funny, but this sounds heavy duty. If you move to England, are you able to move in a hurry with kids and how do you know you won't be found? Would there be a support network for you over?? How will you be able to survive??

You need to think your next move through very carefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Lingua Franca

If you're never going back to that house again, why not contact the gards? Making it a gardai matter will help you get rehoused as an emergency and will put off the thugs threatening you - after all, if they're questioned then they're in the frame if anything happens to you.

They're blackmailing you and the only way to stop someone blackmailing you is to call their bluff.

Call the gards.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭corkonion

dont call the guards, its easy for holy mary's to advise that, but in the real world you got to look after you and yours, get out of there no matter how, go to uk if needs be, look after you're own, once settled elsewhere you can become a good Samaritan and call the gardai if you want, but DO NOT DO IT NOW,,,, the gardai have feck all resources, you will be on a list and doomed

corkonion wrote: »
    dont call the guards, its easy for holy mary's to advise that, but in the real world you got to look after you and yours, get out of there no matter how, go to uk if needs be, look after you're own, once settled elsewhere you can become a good Samaritan and call the gardai if you want, but DO NOT DO IT NOW,,,, the gardai have feck all resources, you will be on a list and doomed

All fine and dandy. Why not totally scare the poor girl witless?? Does the OP have the resources to move straight away?

She needs to calm down as best she can, try not to panic and think about what she needs to do and how best it can be achieved.

• Advertisement

corkonion im completely with you on this I cannot go to the guards its out of the question, Ive just got to get out and find out how as quick as possible im staying at my mums at the moment i have family in the uk but i didnt want to take the kids away from there family here. Its like something u see on telly i didnt think these people were capable of this. My little 4 year old girl plays with these mens daughters its awful and i just wish i knew what to do

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Telling her to call the gards is an armchair piece of advice.

Just go down to the council office and explain your situation. If you or your partners life is in danger you need to move immediately. If these people are as capable as you make them out to be then the gards won't have the resources to do anything about it.

Telling her to call the gards is an armchair piece of advice.

Just go down to the council office and explain your situation. If you or your partners life is in danger you need to move immediately. If these people are as capable as you make them out to be then the gards won't have the resources to do anything about it.

So do nothing and let them do the same to the next set of tenants?

thanks time to shine my point exactly the guards here are not the best people were fighting and causing war a few years ago on another estate someone called the guards and they asked how many were there when told between 15-20 they never showed up

im sorry but in the here and now my family is what matters mabey the next tenants might be someone that could take these men on but im only 26 with 2 small kids and I certainly cannot

im sorry but in the here and now my family is what matters mabey the next tenants might be someone that could take these men on but im only 26 with 2 small kids and I certainly cannot

Are you here to seek advice on the best course of action or are you just looking for someone to agree with a decision you've already made?

advice as stated but go to the guards dont go to the guards is no good to me I cannot go to the guards and thats it.

advice as stated but go to the guards dont go to the guards is no good to me I cannot go to the guards and thats it.

There isn't any other advice to give you.
    What is a TD or the council going to do if you haven't reported this to the Gardaí?

The gardaí have to be involved if this is as serious as you are implying.

im just terrified if i go to the guards they will find out and come after us if i leave quietly mabey they wont

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

What do you expect people to say exactly? Try getting the 'RA after them or maybe buy an M60 and shoot up their clubhouse if you don't want the police or council's help.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

sabat wrote: »
    What do you expect people to say exactly? Try getting the 'RA after them or maybe buy an M60 and shoot up their clubhouse if you don't want the police or council's help.

She's afraid to go to the police and does want the council's help...

did i say i didnt want the councils help if ur going to post useless comments then dont bother because i really dont need it to be honest I was hoping maybe someone else knew someone or had an experience where they had to leave a council house and what they did and how they went about things

im just terrified if i go to the guards they will find out and come after us if i leave quietly mabey they wont

That is ridiculous logic. No one leaves a house quietly unless they flee with just the clothes on their back.
    Ring the gardaí any chance of the council working quickly will depend on an incident being reported.
    How else are they to treat the case as serious?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

If this is a genuine post, then OP you HAVE to go to the Gardai.
    People like that are never going to be dealt with unless someone bites the bullet.

Can you not call the police anonymously and tell them what's been going on?
    If these guys are nutjobs like you say, then it won't really be a surprise to them to get a visit from the cops, will it?
    Also get down to the Council, after you've called the Gardai and tell them your life is in danger.

You don't have any other option as far as I can see, but I tell you something..I certainly wouldn't let some scrotebags run me out of my home.
    I'd get in touch with the local residents association or committee and get these toerags dealt with.

fussyonion wrote: »
    If this is a genuine post, then OP you HAVE to go to the Gardai.
    People like that are never going to be dealt with unless someone bites the bullet.

Can you not call the police anonymously and tell them what's been going on?
    If these guys are nutjobs like you say, then it won't really be a surprise to them to get a visit from the cops, will it?
    Also get down to the Council, after you've called the Gardai and tell them your life is in danger.

You don't have any other option as far as I can see, but I tell you something..I certainly wouldn't let some scrotebags run me out of my home.
    I'd get in touch with the local residents association or committee and get these toerags dealt with.

What would a residents association do, write a strongly worded letter?

I personally think, from the info you have given, that you should leave the house, go to the guards first thing in the morning and make a statement, go to the council and your local TD.

I don't know for sure but I don't think the council will entertain you if you don't report it.

sabat wrote: »

Do not encourage criminal activity.

Morri

maybe i will have to go to the guards i dont know ill go to the council and see what they say

maybe i will have to go to the guards i dont know ill go to the council and see what they say

All the best. Horrible situation, hopefully you can get something sorted

It's awful, I know, but in order for the council to act, the Gards HAVE to be told. FWIW, I think you're very brave and are absolutely doing the right thing. Have courage, OP. Are you able to get your Mum or a mate to come with you?

Good luck! :)

• Advertisement

my partner is going to come with me so please god everything will be ok

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement