Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have to leave my council house im scared

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Everything's going to work out just fine. You have your partner with you, and either way, it'll be sorted.

Hang tough!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Op sounds to me like your partner is knee deep in with these guys. Hoods do not kidnap complete randoms.

What's his opinion?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

I've read the op 3 times now and tbh I'm not sure what's going on, what hell broke loose after the first year? How or why would a new tenant have to deal with these guys?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

for some reason i think your fella is leaving out a good chunk of the story why would they out of nowere just kidnap him?

wat hell broke loose before all this you never said? did it involve you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭obplayer

leeleed wrote: »
    until last week where my partner was taken somewhere by a group of men that live on the estate because they think he is a rat even though he wouldn't ever do that he thought these men were his friends he would help them out whenever they needed.
    What has your partner been 'helping out' in? Whatever else you do you need, in my opinion, to reconsider your partner. Get to a place of safety, the UK if need be, then consider your options. For now ask close family, brothers, sisters, cousins etc. to give you refuge, ideally at a distance from this, and consider your options.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

What a horrible situation to be in, hope it all works out okay for you OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Agree with the above. Criminals don't generally kidnap random people they live beside. There's more to this than we're being told. Perhaps the OP doesn't know the full story (sounds plausible actually) but the Guards will indeed be interested in how the OP's partner has been "helping out".

My own suspicions are that drugs are involved. The OP possibly doesn't now the truth. Pity her if that's the case and she should take the advice given to seek out immediate help from family and ask herself just what her partner has been up to.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

The OP 100% has to go to the Gardaí to sort this out. Im not sure if the OP is actually scared that they will find out or if going to the gardai means her partner is likely to face some stern questions.

Random people don't get kidnapped and have their life threatened. Weather you believe it or not OP theres more to this than meets the eye. You need to have a sit down with your partner and get him to explain what the hell is actually going on first and formost.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Valentine1

If the OP is in fact genuine neither the Council nor any TD will take any steps without the Gardai being involved. What the OP claims happened is exceptionally serious and Gardai are the ones to deal with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭kop-end

this whole post sounds ropey to be honest, it seems either the OP or the boyfriend may know more than they are saying.

Anyway, are eirigi in your area? Maybe contact them at a local level and see what they advise, its not the ideal option but drastic times call for drastic measures.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭angelfire9

kop-end wrote: »
    this whole post sounds ropey to be honest, it seems either the OP or the boyfriend may know more than they are saying.

Anyway, are eirigi in your area? Maybe contact them at a local level and see what they advise, its not the ideal option but drastic times call for drastic measures.

:eek:
    Call in the criminals to deal with the kidnappers?
    That is some bizarre advice
    OP go to the Gardaí if your other half was kidnapped & held against his will you have no choice really

angelfire9 wrote: »
    :eek:
    Call in the criminals to deal with the kidnappers?
    That is some bizarre advice
    OP go to the Gardaí if your other half was kidnapped & held against his will you have no choice really

If you lived in the real world then you would understand my advice. I have seen on numerous occasions were somthing 'anti-social' happens in a working class area that when all else fails, ist usually SF of Eirigi that can 'solve' the issue. I am not saying its ideal but if this scenario is true then this is an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭6541

If I was you I would go to my local Sein Fein TD, I think the problem might disappear quiet quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

If you lived in the real world then you would understand my advice. I have seen on numerous occasions were somthing 'anti-social' happens in a working class area that when all else fails, ist usually SF of Eirigi that can 'solve' the issue. I am not saying its ideal but if this scenario is true then this is an option.

I dont know much about this Erigi crowd, but if they would do what you are suggesting then advising the OP to put themselves in the debt of a dubious organization is not exactly the best way to sort the issue long term.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

I have already posted on this thread that suggesting illegal or criminal activity to sort out this issue is not to be advised.
    One more mention of these tactics will result in bans.

Morri

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭Coles

Lie down with dogs, wake up with fleas.

Edit: ^^^ I received an infraction for this. Quality modding.
    Admin Edit: Yes you did and you deserved it. I've closed your DRP.

djimi wrote: »
    I dont know much about this Erigi crowd, but if they would do what you are suggesting then advising the OP to put themselves in the debt of a dubious organization is not exactly the best way to sort the issue long term.

So what would you reccomend? the Gardai?
    It seems the OP knows exactly what response to expect from the Gardai and I agree with her. She has not got the time for that. The Council may help but the red-tape will take forever.

Honestly, in a perfect world you would contact the gardai and the council and they would have the bad guys taken away but this is not how realty works...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

So what would you reccomend? the Gardai?
    It seems the OP knows exactly what response to expect from the Gardai and I agree with her. She has not got the time for that. The Council may help but the red-tape will take forever.

Honestly, in a perfect world you would contact the gardai and the council and they would have the bad guys taken away but this is not how realty works...

I recommend that the OP first sit down with her partner and get the full story (because there is almost certainly a lot more to this than either she realises or is willing to let on here), and from there decide if they want to involve the Gardai or just get the hell out of there. Going toe to toe with people like this is not going to end well; even if you draft in the heavies to "sort them out", do you think it will end there? The OP has young children; the risk of retaliation from something like that is probably worse than if they get the Gardai involved.

My advice is in the short term get the kids to somewhere that is safe, be it with the parents, or even with family in the UK if that is what is necessary. From there they can decide their next move, but if they wish to get the council involved to help then they will need to involve the Gardai, and it will take time.

It might well be worth getting in touch with the council also on an informal basis perhaps, and see what they recommend. It wont be the first time that a situation like this has arisen, and Im sure they will be able to advise how best to proceed. It might also be worth doing the same with the Gardai; perhaps leave out the details but seek advice first. They wont go barrelling into something head on if they feel it puts the people involved at greater risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,955 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

6541 wrote: »
    If I was you I would go to my local Sein Fein TD, I think the problem might disappear quiet quickly.

This +100.

Except that whether it works will depend on what exactly the OP isn't telling us. Because obviously there is something.

OP, if your partner is abusing you (either physically or emotionally - eg by wanting you too keep living there, or forcing you to get involved in crimes), then Women's Aid is another option. http://www.womensaid.ie/

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Coles wrote: »
    Lie down with dogs, wake up with fleas.

Edit: ^^^ I received an infraction for this. Quality modding.

If you have an issue with a decision a moderator makes- take it up with them directly- or via the feedback mechanisms- it is not appropriate to challenge the decision of a moderator on thread.

If you want to continue posting in this forum- I suggest you familiarise yourself with the forum charter- and abide by it.

Regards,

The_Conductor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Fandango

Reading through this and honestly the advice is very scattered as the details are bare on OP part which is understandable given the situation. Obvious advice is to go to the Gardai which I would also say but we dont know who you are dealing with. I do also think there is a lot more to this than meets the eye. I have never been in this situation thank God but would it be possible to talk to the Gardai without it being official, as in, dont make a statement, just talk to them, ask them for advice and if you feel they can protect you, then go with the statement? Lets be honest, on the info so far, she could be dealing with a few local teenage drug dealers, some local thugs who think they have power or it could be drug traffickers, the IRA, the UVF etc etc. Without knowing its very hard to give advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭Coles

If you have an issue with a decision a moderator makes- take it up with them directly- or via the feedback mechanisms- it is not appropriate to challenge the decision of a moderator on thread.

If you want to continue posting in this forum- I suggest you familiarise yourself with the forum charter- and abide by it.

Regards,

The_Conductor
    I'm communicating with the moderator about it thanks. It would probably be more appropriate if we maintain communication by private message.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Licencetokill

If they say he's a rat he's a rat and should be dealt with like one

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Licencetokill

Id be asking more questions like why they did it what is he involved in ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭6541

Id be asking more questions like why they did it what is he involved in ?

Not very constructive!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

6541 wrote: »
    Not very constructive!

Please leave the moderation to the forum mods.
    Thank you

Morri

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Valentine1

going on the information such as it is, from the OP. Her partner has being targeted by his "mates" for whom he would "do anything" because they believe he has reported their illegal activities to the Gardai.

On the basis that this is a genuine situation the OP should talk to her partner and if not happy about her safety she should go to the Gardai. That might not be popular advice with the OP if she is in fear of this group or if her partner is involved in criminality but it is the only sensible course of action and the only one that is likely to see whatever is going on resolved in a civilised and legal way.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Op. You can ring the Garda Confidential Line on 1 800 666 111, free from any payphone or from any other phone. Discuss your position without giving your name/address. Go from there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement