Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super energetic?!

Options
  • 25-11-2013 12:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭

I'm not sure whether every parent feels their toddler/ child is super energetic, or if it's just me?!
    My son is 2, rarely naps, could go to sleep as late as 11pm and will still be up and ready to go by 7am. He's rarely in bad form, spends most his day constantly running around, jumping, climbing etc bar maybe half an hour of tv in afternoon/ evening if he needs a bit of sitting still time!
    Today he was up at 7, literally did not stop for the day until he finally sat down to watch a half hour of toy story before bed just after 10.
    Im baffled! I never seem to hear of other kids that don't nap AND up at a normal time and bed so late, or is it just that their parents are too shattered to tell anyone about it?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭eimerom

Know just how you feel, my 3 year old went to bed at 11:eek:. Gets up normally about 9 at weekends and is a serious struggle to get him to bed before 9 any night. My 7 month old looks to be going in the same direction. Rarely sleeps during day and only for 10 or 20 minute stints at a time when she does. The joys of it. I have a 12 year old too so it does get better, they don't want to get out of bed then:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

our 2 year old is the same - just not sitting still, at all! However, he does go to bed around 6 - 6.30 pm - i couldnt cope with a minute more of it though, to be honest, as he is on the go from 6 am as well (and I'm 8 months pregnant. Supposed to be resting according to my GP. Haha...)

Think it's mostly boys though, anyone I know who has a girl seems to be a lot more relaxed as they're not as high energy, nd would sit still to read a book or play in the one spot for a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

galah wrote: »
    our 2 year old is the same - just not sitting still, at all! However, he does go to bed around 6 - 6.30 pm - i couldnt cope with a minute more of it though, to be honest, as he is on the go from 6 am as well (and I'm 8 months pregnant. Supposed to be resting according to my GP. Haha...)

Think it's mostly boys though, anyone I know who has a girl seems to be a lot more relaxed as they're not as high energy, nd would sit still to read a book or play in the one spot for a bit.

Glad it's not just mine!
    Most people with kids around the same age tell me they're napping up to 3 hours a day, bed time by 730 or 8! I can only dream!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

My 16 month old has just woken up from her nap. All 22 minutes of it... And that's it until bed at 730 normally asleep by 830 and she's up since 730 this morning... I'm almost 6 months pregnant and exhausted dunno why she isn't ;)

She doesn't sleep through either she wakes a lot: there's a lot of comings and goings to my neighbours house so on a bad night she could get woken up 6/7 times by cars and doors slamming. She's not a good sleeper! Doesn't seem to bother her just me though

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I have tried everything to wear my 22 month old out, long walks on the reigns etc, but he goes to bed at 7:30 and talks to himself till 9pm and wakes at 7:30. He spent 2 hours today doing head over heels over a bean bag.

My 3 years old girl is a lazy sod in comparison!

Even creche makes no difference to him. The only thing that seems to wear him out is a walk on the beech with the sling.

Great to see all the familiar names from the preg forum adding to their flock!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭CaraMay

My fella does sleep in total about 12 hours per day but he literally never stops for the other 12. Climbing, running etc etc

Advertisement