Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-Fibre Kilrush

Options
  • 25-11-2013 2:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 18,175 ✭✭✭✭

Hello Eircom

During October 2013 the eircom e-fiber map told me that kilrush was planned to get e-fibre in april 2014. This has now changed to july-december. Are we getting it? And when. Also will it be avalible at around 1.5km from the cabniet??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Hello Eircom

During October 2013 the eircom e-fiber map told me that kilrush was planned to get e-fibre in april 2014. This has now changed to july-december. Are we getting it? And when. Also will it be avalible at around 1.5km from the cabniet??

Hi Carnacalla

The efibre roll out team have advised me that plans are subject to change however they can confirm that efibre is now scheduled to launch in Kilrush between July and December 2014.

At this stage we really would not be able to tell for sure if your line will qualify for efibre however it is known that lines at a greater distance than 1KM are unlikey to be able to hold efibre broadband.

Feel free to check back with me closer to launch date and I'll hopefully have more information.

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 2 stepheno1985

I noticed today that the Kilrush area of the efibre map has been removed. I was just about to switch from Sky to Eircom but the free E-Fibre upgrade was a major incentive. Can you confirm that Kilrush will have efibre by November as previously stated on the map thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,175 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

I noticed today that the Kilrush area of the efibre map has been removed. I was just about to switch from Sky to Eircom but the free E-Fibre upgrade was a major incentive. Can you confirm that Kilrush will have efibre by November as previously stated on the map thanks.
    According to Eircom Wholesale Map it looks like it will launch in Q1/Q2 2015.
    So its a full year behind schedule? Wow, thanks Eircom

According to Eircom Wholesale Map it looks like it will launch in Q1/Q2 2015.
    So its a full year behind schedule? Wow, thanks Eircom

Hi Carnacalla

Unforeseen circumstances have created delays for a number of area - apologies for the inconvenience this has caused as I can understand the advantage fibre speeds offer. All dates are provisional and meant as indicative purposes only, understandably that's not very clear but it's really best not to treat the dates as a guarantee.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 2 stepheno1985

The E-Fibre map now shows that it is available in Kilrush but I cannot seem to get it. I live right in the middle of town. Could I get some clarity on this?

• Advertisement

Kilrush has been removed from the E-Fibre map on the Eircom website?
    Whats going on?

Can Eircom do anything properly?

Kilrush has been removed from the E-Fibre map on the Eircom website?
    Whats going on?

Can Eircom do anything properly?
    Hi Carnacalla

This can happen when further plans are in consideration or when delays can cause a new date to be considered. I can assure you this will be update bu at this moment in time I do not know when.

Thanks
    Al

Hi Carnacalla

This can happen when further plans are in consideration or when delays can cause a new date to be considered. I can assure you this will be update bu at this moment in time I do not know when.

Thanks
    Al
    Disgraceful. There is no point having a map when ye just do these things.

Hi Carnacalla

Thanks
    Al

Sorry about this Carnacalla

Unforeseen circumstances can arise and unfortunately plans may need to change from time to time.

Al

Hi Carnacalla

Thanks
    Al

Unforeseen circumstances can arise and unfortunately plans may need to change from time to time.

Al
    Still no update?

It is obviously a mistake to have kilrush not listed when cooraclare and doonbeg near it (Each less than 1000 people) are still on the map.

• Advertisement

Hi Carnacalla

Thanks
    Al

Al
    Still no update?

It is obviously a mistake to have kilrush not listed when cooraclare and doonbeg near it (Each less than 1000 people) are still on the map.
    HI Carnacalla

Sorry you hear this way, I understand that an absence in information can create a lot of inconvenience. Hopefully the map will be updated soon.

Al

And now again.

The Eircom wholesale website states that E-Fibre will launch in spring/summer 2015, yet the E-Fibre map on the Eircom website states it will be avalible Jan-Mar 2015

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭eircom: Aisling

And now again.

The Eircom wholesale website states that E-Fibre will launch in spring/summer 2015, yet the E-Fibre map on the Eircom website states it will be avalible Jan-Mar 2015

Hi Carnacalla

Would you like to PM your tele no & I will look into this for you.

Thanks

Ash

E-Fibre map now says April-June.

Goodbye eircom!

If you think you will continue to get my business, with your overpriced telephone and broadband while continuing to be lied to than you have alot coming to you.

It is completly unacceptable that this can happen. 

Goodbye eircom!

If you think you will continue to get my business, with your overpriced telephone and broadband while continuing to be lied to than you have alot coming to you.

Hi Carnacalla

Sorry to hear you feel this way, all plans are purely provisional and can be changed at any time. I understand the demand for efibre and I'm sorry I can't offer you better news but wish you the best in any decision you make on reflection of this.

Thanks
    Al

Just an update for people, E-Fibre's launch has now changed to July-December 2014.
    Its what, 2 years behind schedule now?
    My god eircom, get your act together.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Hibrasil

Goodbye eircom!

If Carnacalla is screwed......what about Moyasta and points further West

Hibrasil wrote: »

Goodbye eircom!

If Carnacalla is screwed......what about Moyasta and points further West
    I don't even think you can get eircom broadband in kilkee

Just an update for people, E-Fibre's launch has now changed to July-December 2014.
    Hi Carnacalla

I can understand the disappointment created by this however unfortunately unforeseen circumstances can occur and launch dates can be affected and delayed. The map is advised to serve as indicative purposes but I do apologise for the inconvenience this creates.

Thanks
    Al

Hi Carnacalla

I can understand the disappointment created by this however unfortunately unforeseen circumstances can occur and launch dates can be affected and delayed. The map is advised to serve as indicative purposes but I do apologise for the inconvenience this creates.

Thanks
    Al
    If you delay the launch of one of your services by 200%, then I at least expect an explanation.

• Advertisement

Hi Carnacalla

Thanks
    Al
    If you delay the launch of one of your services by 200%, then I at least expect an explanation.
    Hi Carnacalla

We will be unable to offer you details or reasoning for eircoms infrastructural plans. I understand that the delays are at an inconvenience to you and apologise for this.

Al

Advertisement