Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zurich Home insurance any experiences Good or Bad

Options
  • 25-11-2013 2:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,692 ✭✭✭✭

Folks anyone got their home insurance with them? Good or bad? I am currently with AA Home insurance but Zurich come in nearly 100 euro cheaper, their online quote doesn't really give a list of benefits. Any boardies experience with them re easy to deal with claim wise stuff that you thought would be covered but isn't e.g. is outside shed covered etc.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Zurich are a good insurer and fair enough when it comes to claims. As for your individual quote, I can't comment unless I saw the terms and conditions. All insurers have a range of household policies these days.

With regard to your shed, the answer depends on the use and value of it. If it is used for domestic purposes only and you have catered for it in your buildings sum insured, then it is covered. If you use it as a workshop for business, then no it isn't. Also what is the value of the shed compared to the policy excess?

Advertisement