Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RIP SVD

Options
  • 25-11-2013 5:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭

My SVD just jumped into the coffin :(

Fire button just gave up, I have been noticing the click a bit funny the last few days but it finally just got stuck and began to constantly fire, had to take out the battery.

First mod I ever got, served me well so im sad to see it broke!

Only plus to this is..... SHOPPING, I mourned for 2 mins before I had every irish vendor opened in its own tab and now deciding what to get :D any suggestions?

Already have vtr, mvp 1&2, lavatube, segeli#20 and I think thats it :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

My condolences.
    I'm tempted by the vamo v5 ss myself. Available at TBS or if you have the patience of a saint.....fasttech.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

I have loads of vamo's,the V5 is great because of the ego thread & oled screen,I have the gun metal colour & it looks good,I normally connect iclear 30's on my vamo's in 18350 mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭dePeatrick

How long had you the SVD Ghogie? I could take a look at it for you if you like, should be possible to replace/repair the switch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭ghogie91

Mr. Chrome wrote: »
    My condolences.
    I'm tempted by the vamo v5 ss myself. Available at TBS or if you have the patience of a saint.....fasttech.

Mr. Chrome, I was looking on the Best Shop alright and could possibly buy from them, there a good vendor. And as for fasttech, I am waiting for a helio clone, trident clone, ohms reader and a few other bits for 6 weeks now haha they must be trying to surprise me for christmas :P
    I have loads of vamo's,the V5 is great because of the ego thread & oled screen,I have the gun metal colour & it looks good,I normally connect iclear 30's on my vamo's in 18350 mode.

Everyone leaning towards the Vamo, Ill take a serious look, I was going to pick one up at Vapefest off the French girl but decided I would be better off spending the money on concentrates from Decadent :P Regret it now. Like the sound of the oled screen to be honest :) are they only variable voltage? I like my watts :P
    dePeatrick wrote: »
    How long had you the SVD Ghogie? I could take a look at it for you if you like, should be possible to replace/repair the switch.

dePeatrick thanks for the offer but I tried a little mcgiver move with a screwdriver, pliers and a some other thing i don't even know the name off and lets just say it was a closed casket ;) I don't mind as much now cause I have had it since March, and it took one hell of a beating since then, back in the days when I didn't appreciate the mod, I think its time for something new :P only remembering now I was using the SVD when I was in and out of my van, and jesus the thing took more of a beating than I thought im surprised it did last this long, everything that came in and out of that van got the sh1te bet out of it haha :P :cool:

ghogie91 wrote: »
    Mr. Chrome, I was looking on the Best Shop alright and could possibly buy from them, there a good vendor. And as for fasttech, I am waiting for a helio clone, trident clone, ohms reader and a few other bits for 6 weeks now haha they must be trying to surprise me for christmas :P

Everyone leaning towards the Vamo, Ill take a serious look, I was going to pick one up at Vapefest off the French girl but decided I would be better off spending the money on concentrates from Decadent :P Regret it now. Like the sound of the oled screen to be honest :) are they only variable voltage? I like my watts :P

dePeatrick thanks for the offer but I tried a little mcgiver move with a screwdriver, pliers and a some other thing i don't even know the name off and lets just say it was a closed casket ;) I don't mind as much now cause I have had it since March, and it took one hell of a beating since then, back in the days when I didn't appreciate the mod, I think its time for something new :P only remembering now I was using the SVD when I was in and out of my van, and jesus the thing took more of a beating than I thought im surprised it did last this long, everything that came in and out of that van got the sh1te bet out of it haha :P :cool:

RIP it is then :) Don't think you can go too far wrong with the Vamo....seems very highly thought of.

• Advertisement

The Vamo v5 is vv & vw,The thing I like about the vamo is the same as the svd,it has a very quick menu to read.

The V2 in BS is only €29 & that is vv/vw,no ego thread,could use an adapter.

Just thinking that if yours gets so much abuse working would you be better going for a Provari, have read one story of a guy losing one off a Motorbike and going back, picking it up and using it. They seem to be a rock solid build. Not cheap but...

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Wiggy

I just got a Sigeli ZMAX V5 from ESI to replace a lost V3.

The V5 is much better than the V3. The menu system has been upgraded and is better, and best of all the top ring screws off to expose the eGo threading, which I find incredibly useful when removing clearos. Had a couple of disasters with the V3....

Wiggy wrote: »
    I just got a Sigeli ZMAX V5 from ESI to replace a lost V3.

The V5 is much better than the V3. The menu system has been upgraded and is better, and best of all the top ring screws off to expose the eGo threading, which I find incredibly useful when removing clearos. Had a couple of disasters with the V3....

Checked at Vapefest to see if anyone had one of those and nobody seemed to....look like a very interesting Mod and would loved to had a closer look at one, not surprised to hear it is as good as it looks on paper.

dePeatrick wrote: »
    Just thinking that if yours gets so much abuse working would you be better going for a Provari, have read one story of a guy losing one off a Motorbike and going back, picking it up and using it. They seem to be a rock solid build. Not cheap but...

See that's the thing

How do you justify 220 quid, I have sat with it in the cart ready to but on more than one occasion and never did :P

• Advertisement

See that's the thing

How do you justify 220 quid, I have sat with it in the cart ready to but on more than one occasion and never did :P
    I know what you mean, well look at it this way, how much have you spent on mods so far, how long have they lasted? Then look at the cost of the provari spread over the same time period and if it lasts that long then it is breaking even for you.

The other choice would be to go with a mechanical Mod, far less likely to die after a few knocks, seem very repairable and you know enough about coils and wicks to custom make your own to get what you want out if the Mech Mod.

I just spent the evening tinkering with my first Mod, the Youde V10. Not expensive at all at €35, Quirky but I got the quirks ironed out this evening....now I know why they are called Mods....:D It only has an 18350 tube so far until they make one next month to take 18650, I only use it for dripping in the evening and I get an evening out of a battery....suits me grand but it will never go any further than from my desk to my mouth and I don't think it would survive any abuse at all.

I don't know enough about mods but there are lots of vapers here who do and have owned dozens of them, I'm sure if you started a thread asking what would be the best value in money for a Mech Mod that would be a workhorse and take abuse you will find out quickly. Then keep a nice VV/VW for evenings and weekends......

But that' seeing sensible, and I certainly was not sensible at your age :D

See that's the thing

I have alot of mechanical mods,with most of them you need to customize them (normally bad connections,spring,switch & head) so they work to their full potential,as they do not have anything electrical built in (except the battery) a very low resistance coil setup can work with them,there is nothing in the mechanical mod to damage,except the battery,that is why we pay a little extra for a battery with protection & can handle large amounts of amps.
    On the other hand,certain mechanical mods can be fitted with a "Kick" this is a small module which sits between the positive end of battery & the atty that you use,this kick can regulate the power to the atty,it is a vw module.Once you set the wattage on the kick (you only have to do this once),it will put out the correct volts to whatever atty is connected,whether it is 1.5 ohms or 3.0 ohms,they do work,I have 7 of them & they all do their job.
    I have two mechanical mods that never needed to be customized & they have great connections,I'll leave the links below for the two mods,Kick & battery.

http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/vv-mods/293-vpts-telescopic-mechanical-mod.html (this one can take a kick on all battery sizes,18350,18500 & 18650)

http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/vv-mods/322-sigelei-kick-clone.html

http://www.bargainvapour.com/The_Reaper_Mod_in_Stock!/p1274299_11025911.aspx (It does take a Kick but I haven't used this with a Kick as I use it for sub ohm setups) it will take all size batteries.

http://www.bargainvapour.com/AW_IMR_18650_with_volume_discount/p1274299_7204614.aspx (this is one of the best batteries for mechanical mods & they come in the three sizes)

That's the mechanical side of it,do you go mechanical or regulated,maybe others will chime in & give you more first hand experience on mods.

Yeah to be honest I was thinkinh abput going down the mech route, I have tinkered with mech mods myself, getting hit and miss results, I use it mostly for dripping myself, I was looking and regulating it but actually never really got the chance to look onto it :P

I was looking at that reaper mod though and it looks pretty slick, theres another name for that mod I came across but cant remember now :/

If I was going mechanical I would love a bottom fire buttoned one with a locking ring, adjustable center pin and the ability to regulate an 18650 so something fairly long or with additional long barrels :P any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Wiggy

I was looking at that reaper mod though and it looks pretty slick, theres another name for that mod I came across but cant remember now :/

Maraxus

Wiggy wrote: »
    Maraxus

Her is the best video I could find,it is in German & has subtitles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0h5_J1JemtI

Here is one which is a clone...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaxYnvQn1ww

What do you reckon,is the reaper from BV a clone or the real thing.I just found out from a French guy that it is a clone.

Her is the best video I could find,it is in German & has subtitles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0h5_J1JemtI

Here is one which is a clone...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaxYnvQn1ww

What do you reckon,is the reaper from BV a clone or the real thing.I just found out from a French guy that it is a clone.

I thought it was a clone myself due to the renaming when coming across the original name... Thanks Wiggy

Advertisement