Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

J1 Grad Visa - Work Q.

Options
  • 25-11-2013 6:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi there,

Just a quick question, grateful for any responses.

Am on a J1 graduate visa (1 year). Was offered a suitable job to field of study as required but it would be through a staffing agency which i know is not allowed (stupidly) under conditions of the sponsoring visa company...

I was given advice that if I took the position without running it through sponsor visa company, not filling out DS-7002 form, that it would not matter much ("US government don't particularly care as long as you are paying taxes and leave when visa expires")?

Just wondering what thoughts are on this, don't want to do anything to jeopardize legal standing obviously.

Cheers!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 daisymay021

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭little lady

I don't really know the answer to your question but why do you have to tell them you got the job through an agency, you are not lying, you are just not volunteering the information.

I was never asked how I got the job I'm in.

With regards to the forms, I would suggest that all paper work is correctly filled out and submitted. I think that would be a far bigger issue than how you got your job.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 daisymay021

Thanks for the reply. The problem is the staffing agency would be paying be not the actual company so they would see from the documentation that it was a staffing agency that was technically my employer...

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Ewa24

Hi,

I am currently on a 12 month intern work visa and i know theres a minimum of 32 hours per week but does anyone know what the maximum hours you can work is? CIEE does not seem to have any information on their website about it. My current employer wants to know so that everything is legal but I can't find an answer any where.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 62 ✭✭swatki

Afaik there was no mention of max hours on the form anyway for applying - im thinking of applying right now but my question is how strict are they with the 32 hours min - cos i dont now if i will be able to get a job with that many hours / - also what company did u go with?
    thanks ellie

• Advertisement
Advertisement