Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Looking for a advice on mechanics apprenticeships

Options
  • 25-11-2013 6:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

Hi Everybody ,

Just looking for some advice, tips or help . I am currently living in oz but returning home in April 2014 , cant wait !!! There no place like home ! I am 25 and from cork!

When i return i want to do an mechanics apprenticeship. I have email and rang fas and solas , and they are useless !!!But the main thing i have be told its not what you know , its who you ! The other thing i was told by fas and solas we wont help you till your return ! I cant understand why they wont even give me advice.

So has anybody done an mechanics apprenticeship here? Do you have any advice or tips ? or does anybody know somebody who would be willing to take me to do an apprenticeship? I am willing to go anywhere in Ireland expect Dublin ( cost of living to high).
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭ben10afc

EireinOZ wrote: »
    Hi Everybody ,

Just looking for some advice, tips or help . I am currently living in oz but returning home in April 2014 , cant wait !!! There no place like home ! I am 25 and from cork!

When i return i want to do an mechanics apprenticeship. I have email and rang fas and solas , and they are useless !!!But the main thing i have be told its not what you know , its who you ! The other thing i was told by fas and solas we wont help you till your return ! I cant understand why they wont even give me advice.

So has anybody done an mechanics apprenticeship here? Do you have any advice or tips ? or does anybody know somebody who would be willing to take me to do an apprenticeship? I am willing to go anywhere in Ireland expect Dublin ( cost of living to

Im a mechanic lad. Served my time in the north. Anything you need to know give me a shout

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭EireinOZ

Hi Ben ,

Cheers mate! My main concern is how do i go about getting my apprenticeship ?How did u get yours? I am hoping to do my in south .

• Registered Users Posts: 3 richie.i

Im actualy going to fas in cork nxt week to start phase 2 of my apprenticeship....you best bet would be to find a garage that is willing to take you on as an apprentice first.
    They then ring fas or solas themselves and sign you up...fas will only help when you have somewhere thats going to take you in if not dont expect much help from them

Advertisement