Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Looking for advice for present ideas.

• 25-11-2013 7:57am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭

Hey all.

My boyfriend is a huge football fan. His team is Chelsea but he'll watch a lot of others and enjoy them. He watches every Premiership/Champions League/Euro/World Cup/Fa Cup match he can.

I'm trying to get him some football stuff for Christmas. I was thinking dvd's of greatest matches/goals/controversies etc would be a good idea. He remembers loads of stats from past games (as you all do!) and I think he'd like to watch them again.

However, as we're living in the US I'm finding it hard to get any over here. Can anyone recommend what dvds would be good to get, first of all, and where? Also, from reading on here it seems the SkySports Premiership Years is a great show. Is it only available as a download? I can't find it for sale anywhere.

What else would you as a football fan like to get for Christmas? Price is not an issue. However, going to any games is because of the fact we live in the US.
    He plays indoor and outdoor football every week so I'm looking into getting boots for him but I'm reluctant as I don't know what he needs or prefers regarding styles.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

What's the budget? How about a signed jersey? Or signed photo in a frame of a Chelsea legend?

I'd also suggest a retro jersey perhaps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,590 ✭✭✭patmac

Get him tickets for the Chelsea vs Accrington Stanley Europa league Final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaliforniaDream

Thanks. I had thought about signed jersey but I'm keeping that idea until we get married.
    Going to games is not an option.

If you can think of any dvds you'd appreciate as a fan, not just of Chelsea, that'd be great.
    Budget is probably $500 total. That's going to include a pair of boots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I'd highly recommend you don't buy him boots.

SantryRed wrote: »
    I'd highly recommend you don't buy him boots.

He's going to pick them out. Not worth it for me to try pick them.

• Advertisement

A framed picture of good auld JT himself. Essential for any Chelsea fan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,673 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Thanks. I had thought about signed jersey but I'm keeping that idea until we get married.
    Going to games is not an option.

If you can think of any dvds you'd appreciate as a fan, not just of Chelsea, that'd be great.
    Budget is probably $500 total. That's going to include a pair of boots.

Why not have a browse in the fan shop? For that budget you're bound to find something.
    http://www.chelseamegastoreusa.com/

Any one of the DVDs in the section except the 06/07 one (he;s probably already got it at this stage!) would be a good buy.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Does he like to read?

Alot of great autobiographies available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Some nice retro shirts here, http://www.sportsdirect.com/football-shirts/retro-football-shirts?dcp=3

Bought stuff from them,arrives within 3 or 4 days from ordering.

Does he like to read?

Alot of great autobiographies available.

Thanks. This is the kind of thing I'd be looking for. I'm going to get Ferguson's book but is there any other that you'd appreciate receiving as a football fan and not necessarily a Chelsea fan?
    I'm going to look at the retro jerseys and see if there's some good ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Thanks. This is the kind of thing I'd be looking for. I'm going to get Ferguson's book but is there any other that you'd appreciate receiving as a football fan and not necessarily a Chelsea fan?
    I'm going to look at the retro jerseys and see if there's some good ones.

Plenty of ideas in this thread re books

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056739500

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,754 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Personally, as a football fan i was never interested in videos or dvds past the age of 11. Ya never really get a chance to watch them and with youtube available you can see clips of most matches online anyway.

Jerseys and training tops have always been the way for me.

http://www.classicfootballshirts.co.uk/

Cant go wrong with these

Advertisement