Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Battery dead since 4.4 (Nexus 4)

• 25-11-2013 9:05am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Not sure what happened but since I upgraded to 4.4 my battery is dying in like an hour. My phone is always hot now and I'm totally stumped.

When I check my battery usage it says that Google Search is using 45% of my battery. Does anyone know how I can prevent this? I've killed the app and force stopped it but still nothing.

MwCrt4J.png

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

A factory reset of the phone should sort it out.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Don't really fancy losing everything on my phone.. Surely an update has to come out. I know I'm not the only one affected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,553 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

No, I turned off Google Now and all location services.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 412 ✭✭Iano_128

It's definitely not Google Now, I have it enabled and have all location services enabled and it's only using 2% of my battery. Screen is using 53% but that's normal because I have the brightness up pretty high and have bright enough wallpapers.. I haven't gotten the 4.4 update yet mind you but it's happened to a colleague of mine. Different problems than yourself but apps randomly closing on him, phone hanging etc so it must be the update. Wouldn't bother with a factory reset, I think Google are pretty good at fixing dodgy updates, I remember there was one with ICS and it caused me problems and I had an update within the week.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,856 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I have 4.4, albeit on the N5 with no issues.

5starpool wrote: »
    I have 4.4, albeit on the N5 with no issues.

It's annoying cause my housemate has the Nexus 4 and has no issues. Mean while my phone is charging from the PC here in work and losing battery. Had to turn it off to get some battery into it.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,856 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Sounds ridiculous. Have you contacted Google about it? The only options I can think of unfortunately involve deleting all the stuff from your phone, which I know is not the route you want to go down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭projectgtr

Don't really fancy losing everything on my phone.. Surely an update has to come out. I know I'm not the only one affected.

Tbh i normally wipe my phone when i get a new update, sen it recommended on plenty of sites. You may have an app thats not optimized for 4.4 thats causing the problem, your best best is backup and restore, its not a big deal it only takes a few min ;)

Advertisement