Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet keeps going down

Options
  • 25-11-2013 10:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭

I had the Zyxel router in and the net keep going down and I had to hit connect or it would comne back on itself, so I assumed it was the router and put back in the Motorola one.

I am still having the same problem,it comes up DSL down , I have it set to always on and the DHCP wouldnt refresh itself as much as its been doing of late.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

jeffk wrote: »
    I had the Zyxel router in and the net keep going down and I had to hit connect or it would comne back on itself, so I assumed it was the router and put back in the Motorola one.

I am still having the same problem,it comes up DSL down , I have it set to always on and the DHCP wouldnt refresh itself as much as its been doing of late.
    Hi jeffk,

I checked the telephone number /line details you sent us in the past. The telephone line is testing fine, the speed to the main socket is showing:

Downstream

Synced at: 12811kbps
    Provisioned: 2048-17408kbps

Can you run some basic checks - http://bit.ly/RN6MXn

Also insure the settings with the Motorola modem are configured for the eircom broadband service

If your modem isn’t listed above, then you will need to ensure that it supports PPPoE (Point to Point over Ethernet), and enter the correct settings shown below.

Username

eircom@eircom.net

Password

broadband1

Encapsulation

PPPoE

Multiplexing

LLC Based

VPI

VCI

Primary DNS

Secondary DNS

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

Hello Mark,

Thanks for all the information, everything is set up grand as I easily get 10Mb more often than not. The issue was it would go down and then I have to hit connect or wait. It seems to be OK now

Also I probably got mixed up I said it was Netopia and it probably is, but then seen it had a Motorola sticker on the back.

I have assigned IP addresses to both pcs(to port forward)and am back to the latest Zyxel router, so hopefully its ok now(but hurry up efibre)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

jeffk wrote: »
    Hello Mark,

Thanks for all the information, everything is set up grand as I easily get 10Mb more often than not. The issue was it would go down and then I have to hit connect or wait. It seems to be OK now

Also I probably got mixed up I said it was Netopia and it probably is, but then seen it had a Motorola sticker on the back.

I have assigned IP addresses to both pcs(to port forward)and am back to the latest Zyxel router, so hopefully its ok now(but hurry up efibre)
    Hi jeffk

I'm glad to see this seems ok now however if there is anything you feel we could help with going forward please let us know.

Thanks

Al

Advertisement