Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

arcade fire

Options
  • 25-11-2013 10:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭

Anyone have a spare presale code?
    im looking to get tickets for the london gig

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭GK1001

I'm also looking for a pre-sale code if anyone would like to PM me. Otherwise it's down to the F5 lottery on Tickemaster in the morning. Imagine they'll go quicksmart.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

FYI the generic code they sent out to the mailing list won't work for London and you need one of the specific codes only made available to people who preordered the album. Probably isn't many of them. I can't imagine them skipping Dublin btw. Forbidden Fruit perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭GK1001

Yeah I'm sure they'll be over here but planning a London weekend visit anyway next year and the timing is good.
    Be interesting to see what they do in terms of a festival but I'd be surprised if it wasn't EP. They have a great affection for it from the 1st time they played it and 3 years ago they mentioned as much. Can't wait either way.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Toast wrote: »
    FYI the generic code they sent out to the mailing list won't work for London and you need one of the specific codes only made available to people who preordered the album. Probably isn't many of them. I can't imagine them skipping Dublin btw. Forbidden Fruit perhaps?

Nah way to big for FF tbh , can see Pheonix Park gig . Maybe Arcade Fire with special guests The National :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

I dunno if I'd say they'd be too big for FF. They've a good fanbase here but it is much more concentrated in the 25+ age group which I think would be looking for something a bit classier than a Phoenix Park job. However I just remembered FF is a POD venture so that probably out of the question too as they've stuck with MCD the last few appearances. After the hoohah about the gig prices last time they played the O2 I suspect they might skip that option as well as it is probably not worth their while to play for any cheaper. EP might be too far out from their tour dates but it is possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

won't be at EP as they're playing in Canada that weekend.
    nothing from May 2nd - July 30th, except for that London date on June 6th, so would definitely expect a few European dates there. Phoenix Park in July would definitely be the most likely.

Toast wrote: »
    I dunno if I'd say they'd be too big for FF. They've a good fanbase here but it is much more concentrated in the 25+ age group which I think would be looking for something a bit classier than a Phoenix Park job. However I just remembered FF is a POD venture so that probably out of the question too as they've stuck with MCD the last few appearances. After the hoohah about the gig prices last time they played the O2 I suspect they might skip that option as well as it is probably not worth their while to play for any cheaper. EP might be too far out from their tour dates but it is possible.

True that they were with MCD the last few times but so were Kasabian and they nabbed them last year for FF i know Kasabian would be cheaper and not as big as AF

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

I'd guess FF but depending on what night they are on at primavera they might not be able to play FF.

If not FF, I'd guess Pheonix park

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Nechtan

They'll play Longitude?

Nechtan wrote: »
    They'll play Longitude?

They are still too big for either FF or Longitude imo . If you look at this years headliners they are way bigger then all 3 of them . Either they do 1 or 2 O2 shows during the summer or one big outdoor show

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,360 ✭✭✭✭8-10

won't be at EP as they're playing in Canada that weekend.
    nothing from May 2nd - July 30th, except for that London date on June 6th, so would definitely expect a few European dates there. Phoenix Park in July would definitely be the most likely.

I expect it will be later in the year that we see them.

I'm saving my presale code anyway although pretty annoyed I didn't use it for a warm up show as it's since been reset for the full tour.

Will try in the general sale this morning, good luck all!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

8-10 wrote: »
    I expect it will be later in the year that we see them.

I'm saving my presale code anyway although pretty annoyed I didn't use it for a warm up show as it's since been reset for the full tour.

Will try in the general sale this morning, good luck all!

just got them through see tickets seems to work a lot smoother than ticketmaster

good luck!

davywalsh7 wrote: »
    just got them through see tickets seems to work a lot smoother than ticketmaster

good luck!

Got ticketmaster ones with no issues. Very excited now, awesome live show

Got ticketmaster ones with no issues. Very excited now, awesome live show

Nice one. Ticketmaster was saying sold out for me but i went on see tickets and got two standing no problems.
    I can't wait4 it now. They're always excellent live.

Nice one. Ticketmaster was saying sold out for me but i went on see tickets and got two standing no problems.
    I can't wait4 it now. They're always excellent live.

Just a shame it's such a bad venue. And massive

Another night announced, June 7th, tickets on sale

Just nabbed 2x standing for that night too on ticketmaster, this is way easier than I'd thought.

Another night announced, June 7th, tickets on sale

Just nabbed 2x standing for that night too on ticketmaster, this is way easier than I'd thought.

yea a lot easier! im just gonna go the friday night and go see them here if they announce anything

yea a lot easier! im just gonna go the friday night and go see them here if they announce anything

I couldn't help myself. I'm keeping my pre-sale code for when they announce something here. You gotta think it'll be at least 2 gigs here also

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭bradolf pittler

Just saw this thread and nearly crapped myself.....
    straight on to ticketmaster and managed to get 2 standing tickets for sat june 7th.
    DELIGHTED!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

Picked up 2 standing for London myself!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭eldest200

Can we expect Metallica to play at Marley Park next year?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

eldest200 wrote: »
    Can we expect Metallica to play at Marley Park next year?
    Nope on their site they specifically say ALL 15 shows announced, No shows in Spain,Portugal,Greece or even France either.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement