Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D group in dublin west?

Options
  • 25-11-2013 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭

Hi All,

I am a 30 years old guy that played D&D, and other RPGs, long time ago, and now is looking again to start some campaign.

Is there anyone in the area that is already playing and looks for newcomers, or anyone else interested to start a new group?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Bob Bob

I might be interested in playing. Im living in Laois but I dont mind heading up to city west / Tallaght ish.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 DermotMcL

naas here, will try that too if starting up

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Rider on the storm

Same boat as you but I live in Blayney, Co Monaghan. Dublin West is a bit far but if it was somewhere inbetween I'd be up for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Nicolas V.

Hello,

I am located in Cabra.

Interrested by the proposal.

++
    Nicolas

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Gabriele

Sorry completely overseen the replies will read before tonight. ... sorry :-)

• Advertisement

Sorry completely overseen the replies will read before tonight. ... sorry :-)

Hello I am really sorry i haven;t looked at this post for a while :(

Anyway, I am still interested in start a group, I don't mind drive as well a bit, but I believe that at this point the location becomes really important.... suggestions?

Where abouts are you living?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Rider on the storm

Gabriele wrote: »
    Hello I am really sorry i haven;t looked at this post for a while :(

Anyway, I am still interested in start a group, I don't mind drive as well a bit, but I believe that at this point the location becomes really important.... suggestions?

I've been trying to get a group together for a little while and have a few other people who have also registered interest with me spread between Dublin, Meath, Monaghan and Dundalk. I've asked them to register their interest on this website I put an advert on so that I can keep in touch with them all. It's free to use:

http://www.meetup.com/North-East-Ireland-Tabletop-Gamers/

I'm personally in Castleblayney but have a car could travel as far as Meath/ North County Dublin. Can't speak for the others. Obviously if it's a weekday then that will limit how far I can drive whilst still leaving enough time to get a decent game in.

My limit is definitely city west/tallaght ish. That's about an hours drive from where I am. I'm good to play on any day, though evenings in preference.

• Advertisement

I have been looking on the map the location of everyone... wow that's a mess :)
    for me wouldn't be a problem to drive one hour, maybe get the guy in cabra and come a bit towards the north, but i am not sure about the guy in portloise, i mean for him will be a big commute.... any idea that would suit everyone? I will think something in these days, if you come up with idea please share them :)

I spent 20 mins on google maps and cannot think of anything right now... (I am a foreigner too, so i don't really know many places :( )

Well the way I see it we have 5 people here expressing interest in a gaming group. If we assume we all drive and are all willing to drive no more than 1 hour (ish). Then we are faced with two options either we head northward for a middle ground with Rider on the Storm then I am ruled out, possibly Dermotmcl too depending on location and everyone else is driving close on a full hour. If we stick around Dublin west or naas ish then Rider is ruled out and everyone is driving 30 minutes ish (40 for me).

I suppose the deciding factor could be venue. Is anyone willing to host a game in their home or would we be looking at looking at somewhere else?

Edit: o and I'm based in portarlington, makes naas 35 minutes from me and most of west Dublin 50-60 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Darashtren

Hi,
    my name is Giovanni, I am moving to Dublin to work and I am already looking for someone to share some D&D adventures (3.5) :). I have been DM for 5 years in Italy and player too. I am also very interested in other board games.

Giovanni

So..... anything happening?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 carl207

Hey all,

My name is Carl,I'm 22, from Dublin City Center (North) I was looking over the conversation and I am really interested in meeting up for a game of DnD. I have never played the game before I am a complete noob. But I have always wanted to play. I do not drive but I don't mind getting a bus/train.

Im still interested in this if someone wants to get the ball rolling

Yeah cool, I'm up for it. As I said im living in Dublin City Center were are you coming from?

Laois, but I drive so tallaght/citywest is no issue.

Yeah I could get the Luas or a bus to Tallaght no problem. Just have to find a place that we could play.

Thats the tricky part alright.

• Advertisement

Nicolas V. wrote: »
    Hello,

I am located in Cabra.

Interrested by the proposal.

++
    Nicolas

Hi Nicolas,

My name is Carl I'm 22 live in Summerhill Dublin 1. You still interested in getting a DnD group together? If so give me a shout.

Advertisement