Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Installation efibre

Options
  • 25-11-2013 12:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭

The date has arrived... I was bombarded last week with emails,  sms and phone calls from eircom and the contractor in charge of the installation to ensure I will be at home today 9-12.

Given friend's experiences  I made it clear that they better show up as I had to take time off work. 

Being  11am, I called them... And they said that the engineer should "hopefully" be here between 1 and 5.

I am fuming now and advised them that I need to leave to work at 12pm...expecting a call back now... 

I will update... 

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭gzoladz

Got a call back from the installation company,  they will not make it. Very annoying after a guy called Carl called on Friday to ensure I will be at home... 

I spoke to Laura and Stephen from eircom cs who insisted the engineer will be here by 1pm...Barry from the installation company,  kn khelinor or somethink like that,  says it will not be. 

Eircom's system says I am down 9 to 13. The installation company,  1 to 5.

Saga continues... 

Correction... The contractor is actually Telenor... 

Ok,  I have got to the bottom of this. 

The installation company  is actually Telenor 01-2571210.

Long story short... What happened was that someone from telenor should have called me on Friday to confirm the appointment. This never happened so they arbitrarily decided to reschedule me from 9-1 to 1-5. And they never told me. 

I managed to get my case escalated with them and a supervisor from the dispatch team (Jenny)  called me to organize another appointment but it could not be today.  

I got her full details and told her that before I accept another appointment I want to recoup the money I lost for not have worked today (I actually got very assertive at this stage).  Only then they were able to send someone almost immediately who installed it for me. All this happened in the space of 1 hour. 

So Eircom... It looks like this one was not your fault.  But the fact that a random Joe working at the contractor company decided to save  time on a Friday by recheduling appointments arbitrarily is causing a significant damage to your reputation. You are a masive loss making company who is trying to stand on its feet again and cannot afford to engage with third party companies that do not work with you as a partner. 

I am sure your vendor manager in charge of this relation will be interested in this. 

And I have supporting evidence of everything I stated. 

After 10 years of custom I was never this close to move to another provider. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

gzoladz wrote: »
    Ok,  I have got to the bottom of this. 

The installation company  is actually Telenor 01-2571210.

Long story short... What happened was that someone from telenor should have called me on Friday to confirm the appointment. This never happened so they arbitrarily decided to reschedule me from 9-1 to 1-5. And they never told me. 

I managed to get my case escalated with them and a supervisor from the dispatch team (Jenny)  called me to organize another appointment but it could not be today.  

I got her full details and told her that before I accept another appointment I want to recoup the money I lost for not have worked today (I actually got very assertive at this stage).  Only then they were able to send someone almost immediately who installed it for me. All this happened in the space of 1 hour. 

So Eircom... It looks like this one was not your fault.  But the fact that a random Joe working at the contractor company decided to save  time on a Friday by recheduling appointments arbitrarily is causing a significant damage to your reputation. You are a masive loss making company who is trying to stand on its feet again and cannot afford to engage with third party companies that do not work with you as a partner. 

I am sure your vendor manager in charge of this relation will be interested in this. 

And I have supporting evidence of everything I stated. 

After 10 years of custom I was never this close to move to another provider. 
    Hi Gustovo,

I apologise for the delay in getting to your issue, I checked the details you have sent us previously. Have you already moved providers?

Mark

• Advertisement

Hi Mark, 

No,  I haven't moved yet as eventually I got installed,  as described above. 

I honestly prefer not to move and I will se how I get on with efibre,  the billing (hopefully no mistakes in the transition) etc. 

My ask really is that my feedback above,  that I took time to write,  is taken seriously. Nobody deserves to be left waiting without given any consideration to people's time. 

Thanks, 
    Gustavo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

Hi Mark, 

No,  I haven't moved yet as eventually I got installed,  as described above. 

I honestly prefer not to move and I will se how I get on with efibre,  the billing (hopefully no mistakes in the transition) etc. 

My ask really is that my feedback above,  that I took time to write,  is taken seriously. Nobody deserves to be left waiting without given any consideration to people's time. 

Thanks, 
    Gustavo

I completely understand your frustration Gustavo. I will pass this onto managers to have a look into.

Thanks for letting us know of your experience with us. We appreciate all feedback and can use it to work on creating a better customer experience and service. 

If you have any further issues or queries please don't hesitate in coming back to us.

Thanks

Tracey

Scripted apologies... I am giving you the research on my issue  that eircom people should have done, with names, numbers, facts, on both eircom and the contractor's side,  etc.

No empathy at all with your clients...if you take the time to read the post again you may realize how serious the behaviour that eircom is having is. 

The least I am expecting is a written apologies letter and details of the actions taken for this not to happen again. 

Scripted apologies... I am giving you the research on my issue  that eircom people should have done, with names, numbers, facts, on both eircom and the contractor's side,  etc.

No empathy at all with your clients...if you take the time to read the post again you may realize how serious the behaviour that eircom is having is. 

The least I am expecting is a written apologies letter and details of the actions taken for this not to happen again. 

I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to organise this from my channel here however if you contact the formal complaints division they'll be able to help you.
    I have sent you a PM there with all details.

Thanks

Tracey

Tracey,  I believe I did enough of eircom's work. 

You are just taking the problem off your desk instead of taking ownership. 

Not surprises there...  

• Advertisement

Tracey,  I believe I did enough of eircom's work. 

You are just taking the problem off your desk instead of taking ownership. 

Not surprises there...  

Unfortunately we can't log formal complaints from here, the customer has to contact them directly to log it.

Sorry for all inconvenience caused.

Thanks

Tracey

Eircom,

2 questions:

1. I received the final bill of my "old" bundle. I have a credit of nearly EUR 50. Will this be applied to my new efibre account?

2. I am receiving warnings that I am over my allowance via the eircom meter, but I signed up for unlimited (I have the email received from eircom as evidence). Can you please confirm in what plan I am?

Thanks
    Gustavo

Anyone? 

Ok, I called your 1901, I was told that I am on the 30gb allowance package...this is incorrect and I have the email from you confirming I signed up for the unlimited allowance.

I spoke to Julliet on your cs team who confirmed this and when I asked her to resolve it she put me on hold and hung up on me presumably because it was 2 minutes to 8pm and she had to go home...

Can you please advise how can this be corrected?

Thanks,
    Gustavo

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

They did the same to me. 2 minutes on to CS had it sorted and the overcharge credited. Shocking that eFibre customers can't log on to see usage yet, to check calls and usage. Tat should have been available from the get go.

Ok, I called your 1901, I was told that I am on the 30gb allowance package...this is incorrect and I have the email from you confirming I signed up for the unlimited allowance.

I spoke to Julliet on your cs team who confirmed this and when I asked her to resolve it she put me on hold and hung up on me presumably because it was 2 minutes to 8pm and she had to go home...

Can you please advise how can this be corrected?

Thanks,
    Gustavo

Hi,

Can you please PM me your account details and I'll look into this for you?

Thanks

Tracey

Pm sent. 

Pm sent. 

Perfect, thank you. I'll look into this and come back to you soon.

Tracey

I can see what happened... There used to be 3 efibre plans. The one in the middle I signed up to no longer exists so I was set up in the lower one. 

My only option is now to go to the more expensive one. 

I asked for the plan I signed up to to be honored but this was not an option so I am raising this with the consumer association tomorrow. 

Eircom must be the only company that manages to get lower than the lowest when it comes to ethics and moral standards. 

And no,  eur25 credit will not change my mind... 

• Advertisement

I can see what happened... There used to be 3 efibre plans. The one in the middle I signed up to no longer exists so I was set up in the lower one. 

My only option is now to go to the more expensive one. 

I asked for the plan I signed up to to be honored but this was not an option so I am raising this with the consumer association tomorrow. 

Eircom must be the only company that manages to get lower than the lowest when it comes to ethics and moral standards. 

And no,  eur25 credit will not change my mind... 

I completely understand your frustration and I'm sorry for all the inconvenience caused to you. If you wish you can log this as a formal complaint and it will be investigated and a resolution will be met.

Tracey

No.  Enough is enough. 

I am going straight to the regulator. 

No.  Enough is enough. 

Ok, that's no problem at all.

Tracey

• Registered Users Posts: 4 RonanCah

I feel your pain. I am now out 3 days of work over 3 weeks due to Eircom incompitence and messing up install times and days. Finally thought it had been resolved and install set for Wednesday A.M but just spent the last 2 hours bouncing around between ever more lack luster customer service to the point the last person in their loyalty dept(irony not washed on me) blamed the other depts for not following through as their departments don't care about customers cancelling as that's her dept . Told them if it's not done Wednesday morning I'm leaving Eircom. Judging on their recent efficiency Ile be leaving Eircom. Most frustrating incompetent company that really doesn't give a damn about their customers. Will update....

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Herr Khume Schuccs

No.  Enough is enough. 

Hi gzoladz, for info, ComReg will probably want you to have exhausted Eircom's complaints procedure before they will investigate, see http://www.askcomreg.ie/tell_us/complaints_and_queries.51.LE.asp . Best of luck, HKS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

RonanCah wrote: »
    I feel your pain. I am now out 3 days of work over 3 weeks due to Eircom incompitence and messing up install times and days. Finally thought it had been resolved and install set for Wednesday A.M but just spent the last 2 hours bouncing around between ever more lack luster customer service to the point the last person in their loyalty dept(irony not washed on me)  blamed the other depts for not following through as their departments don't care about customers cancelling as that's her dept . Told them if it's not done Wednesday morning I'm leaving Eircom. Judging on their recent efficiency Ile be leaving Eircom. Most frustrating incompetent company that really doesn't give a damn about their customers. Will update....

Hi RonanCah

I can understand the frustration and inconvenience such issues can cause and I'm very sorry for this. I see you were advised that your appointment is set for Wednesday, please let us know if there are any further issues with your order.

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 4 RonanCah

They screwed it up again and now I've been told I have to wait until after Christmas. Eircom strikes again.

RonanCah wrote: »
    They screwed it up again and now I've been told I have to wait until after Christmas. Eircom strikes again.
    Sorry to hear this RonanCah

I've sent you a PM oncluding the number for complaints.

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭roro2

Alan,

Can you send it on to me as well. All this sounds familiar... 7 weeks waiting for an appointment to install a new phone line, even before worrying about eFibre. Phone eircom every second day for an update - zero information on each and every occasion. Promised a phone call within 48 hours, which never happens...

• Advertisement

roro2 wrote: »
    Alan,

Can you send it on to me as well. All this sounds familiar... 7 weeks waiting for an appointment to install a new phone line, even before worrying about eFibre. Phone eircom every second day for an update - zero information on each and every occasion. Promised a phone call within 48 hours, which never happens...
    Hi roro2

I'm very sorry to hear this, I will send it by PM right away.

Thanks

Al

Advertisement