Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DoC 11.5: Half Past OS Ultra Dec 7th XGC, Dubln

Options
  • 25-11-2013 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭

Day Of Champions 11.5
    7th of December
    IGAU, AE, with a BB side tournament.
    PS3 for IGAU and BB, Xbox for AE.
    Doors open normal hours for XGC, Starting roughly 1-1.30pm.
    Map to venue: http://goo.gl/maps/jS36C
    5 euro entry fee, 5 into 1 tournament, 10 into both. BB cost is
    just the entry fee, but it will not have a prize pot.
    The entry fee exists to cover costs towards the XGC.

While this isn't planned for pools into top 8, if there's a small turn out, I may consider it, or if one of the tournaments turns out to run fast/is small. No promises though.
    I'd also prefer if people turn up early (like 1pm), so I have a better grasp of numbers.
    Also, if you have a PS3 with the DLC for either PS3 game, please PM me your phone number if I don't already have it, so I won't be super panicked the whole day :P
    Spread the word if you want a larger prize pool.

Tournament Rules and Format.

Format is as follows; All tournaments are double elimination. Each match will consist of 3 games with each game beings best of 3 rounds. If one player wins the first 2 games the third game is not played. Any game with with a different rule set will be played according to its tournament standard type.
    Players who placed in top 8 in the prior 3 DoCs, or larger con tournaments, will be seeded accordingly. All others will be randomly/"best-fit" seeded.
    In the case of pools, there will be an attempt at splitting up seeds evenly, and filling in the remainder of the pool evenly as well.

1. All characters are useable, but if you require DLC characters, please make that known prior to your match.

2. Custom controllers and button configuration is allowed.

3. Turbo is banned. Anyone who is caught using this feature will be disqualified.

4. Players can change characters in each round of the double elimination phase. However once a match has started they may only change characters in a match after loosing a set. The winner of the first set must stick to his character he started the set with and may only change if he looses the second set, in which case the winner of the second set must then stick to the character he used in the second set. In UMvC3, orders of characters may be changed, but assist types may not.

5. Double Blind select available in the event of people being concerned about counter picking. An admin will assist with this if required.

6. Rock, paper, scissors is used in the event of people being unable to agree on which side they want to sit on.

7. In the event of a player pausing a game during a round or his stick/pad fails during a round, he forfeits the round unless both players agree to carry on. If there is a dispute an admin will resolve the dispute. This includes pausing during cinematic supers/hypers, except in the case of a character death being guaranteed by the super/hyper.

8. In the event of a game ending in a draw, the game will scrapped and not counted towards the results. It will then be replayed. (Though it will be pretty damn hype.)

9. Players who are overly disruptive during a competition or who are distracting other players can be removed from the tournament at the discretion of the tournament admins.

10. Participation in the event is taken as giving permission that you accept that you may be recorded as part of the tournaments. Should you wish to participate and not be recorded, you will need to make this known to a tournament admin at sign up.

11. No white track suits please.

EDIT: Times

Running order for the tournament will be : 1.30 start for IGUA, BB to run throughout the day from when IGUA begins. AE will commence while IGUA ends.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I should be there!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Would the XGC object to us setting up a Melee Casuals station at the same time the tourneys are running?

I wouldn't normally ask, but I fully plan on entering AE and BB anyway; and I'd like to get some games in with our beast player who's visiting from Japan while he's in the country.

Would the XGC object to us setting up a Melee Casuals station at the same time the tourneys are running?

I wouldn't normally ask, but I fully plan on entering AE and BB anyway; and I'd like to get some games in with our beast player who's visiting from Japan while he's in the country.

Can't see why not long as the station is paid for!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

will be there.
    voa will pm you later with console info etc

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

I'l be working from 5 but I'l enter AE if it starts early enough and that BB side one maybe.

• Advertisement

will be there.
    voa will pm you later with console info etc

Hey letters,

Would there be a point starting a thread on TYM about the tournament?

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Linoud

I'll hopefully be around for it, might have an audition that day to run off to, but I'll try be there for the BB side tournament. Might be letting a few of the random con BB lads crash at mine for it if they are going. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭SuperChar

YAY I WILL PLAY IJ :)

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Should be attending, I'll try to practice AE and BB a bit more than Marvel til the tourney. My AE performance at Eirtakon was poo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

I'll be about for AE.

• Advertisement

Trying to do some early social media work on this, facebook page:
    https://www.facebook.com/events/457066557731548/

Tweet:
    https://twitter.com/BrianVonDooM/status/405285490066087936

If anyone wants to share or whatever it is you crazy kids do these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭TheMikenyan

I stopped into XGC yesterday to ask exactly that: they're completely cool with it as long as we're paying the fee.

surely that would be covered, per agreement, under the admission fee for the venue for the event. The console would be provided after all.

just my 2 cents.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

I'd already talked to Dave about it in IRC :pac:

And yes, we're taking half the upstairs room to run our stuff, as long as we stick to our half, it's all hunky dory.

Voa wrote: »

And yes, we're taking half the upstairs room to run our stuff, as long as we stick to our half, it's all hunky dory.

sound

ayjayirl wrote: »
    surely that would be covered, per agreement, under the admission fee for the venue for the event. The console would be provided after all.

just my 2 cents.....

I asked them in relation to general casuals on an ordinary day, but the above is fine too!

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭OdgeXD

Can I come?

OdgeXD wrote: »
    Can I come?

Yep. Its an open event. All welcome :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Since Voa is cool with it, I'll bring the bones of two Smash Melee setups, purely for casuals. Any Smash players likely to show up will probably be entering AE and BB like myself (and Superchar for IGAU).

I can't remember what visual cable those TVs take, if anyone can remind me. And if anyone has a good second melee disc, let me know, as I just have one dodgy disc, and one good disc (to replace the dodgy one).

Since Voa is cool with it, I'll bring the bones of two Smash Melee setups, purely for casuals. Any Smash players likely to show up will probably be entering AE and BB like myself (and Superchar for IGAU).

I can't remember what visual cable those TVs take, if anyone can remind me. And if anyone has a good second melee disc, let me know, as I just have one dodgy disc, and one good disc (to replace the dodgy one).

I've a disc, a memory card with save file and a couple of pads that I'll happily bring along.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 LinkieFox

Seems like I'll be able to make it up to this. Might have to bounce a little early, depending on bus times, but I'll be there for all of BB, and I should be able to spectate whatever comes after for a while. Looking forward to getting a few more games in with the Eirtakon people!

LinkieFox wrote: »
    Seems like I'll be able to make it up to this. Might have to bounce a little early, depending on bus times, but I'll be there for all of BB, and I should be able to spectate whatever comes after for a while. Looking forward to getting a few more games in with the Eirtakon people!

Venue is 10 min walk to bursaras btw. I'm on my phone, I'm sure someone will post a maps link to the xgc.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 LinkieFox

ayjayirl wrote: »
    Venue is 10 min walk to bursaras btw. I'm on my phone, I'm sure someone will post a maps link to the xgc.

Oh, that's super handy! I'll probably be able to stay until the end in that case.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Here you go. Super easy to get to/from

http://goo.gl/maps/jS36C

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

Casuals are a good way to prepare for tournaments :pac:

Ooooh might try to make it in for an hour or 2.

Should have a new and cool recording device for the tournament :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

Hey letters,

Would there be a point starting a thread on TYM about the tournament?

i have all irish tym usernames saved and pm them info on every event.
    so i dont give them a chance say they missed it from missing the thread (big dublin based offender of this lol)
    i check the new members data often also to check for new people.

i have all irish tym usernames saved and pm them info on every event.
    so i dont give them a chance say they missed it from missing the thread (big dublin based offender of this lol)
    i check the new members data often also to check for new people.

Cheers, just want to make sure I'm hitting all the bases!

Also, this will be the first Irish Injustice stream, no?

twitch.tv/brianvondoom for those that don't know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭jimmypenguin

a mate is heading up for injustice so ill be tagging along, looking forward to it..

Advertisement