Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Complained to BOI branch, over heard them discussing which lie they were going to use

Options
  • 25-11-2013 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭

BOI managed to get my blood boiling today.

First they took my card. Second I overheard them discuss amongst themselves about us saying 'just tell them card has been destroyed' 'tell they we can't open the machine' etc. Thirdly I called the complaints department a woman by the name of <snip> was just as rude trying to fob me off, saying that if I'm not a BOI account holder than I'm not allowed to make a compain't about the BOI branch I went into today. That all she could do would be to pass on a message to the branch telling them I was unhappy. The branch manager of that branch knew very well I wasn't happy because of the fact that I told him I overheard them discussing what they were going to say to get rid of me. That because I overheard them trying to concoct whichever story I was most likely to buy that I don't trust anything that he's telling me right now.

I tell you I'm glad that I don't have a BOI account now and that unless someone in BOI is going to take my complaint seriously and talk to me about this with some level of respect and honesty I'm going to tell as many people about this experience as I can.

Mod note: Please don't name names.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi StickyIcky,

Thanks for taking the time to post.

We are sorry to hear of your experience today in one of our branches. As per our Boards charter, we are unable to respond to complaints here or on any of our social media sites. 

For information on Bank of Ireland's complaints process, please see here.

Thanks again for taking the time to post and apologies that we cannot be of further assistance here.

Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭StickyIcky

Hi Tara

Fair enough if you don't want to discuss my complaint out in the open in the public forum. However as I said before I already followed your process.

Firstly talked to the branch manager who I overheard discussing with his staff recommending him to "just say the card has been destroyed or that we can't open the machine" both of which I KNOW for a fact are lies and I have proof of this.

Secondly I contacted your complaints department .<snip> made it very clear that if I was not a BOI customer then BOI wasn't interested in hearing my complaint. <snip> on the complaints department didn't give me anyway to make a formal complaint against the staff in that branch for lying to me, getting caught and then admitting to it. Ultimately <snip> in your BOI complaints department hung up on me.

What do you suggest I do now specifically please?

I've already been onto the Financial Services Ombudsman's Bureau of Ireland 1890 88 20 90

and National Consumer Agency 1890 432 432

and next I'm calling Irish Payment Services Organisation (IPSO) 01 633 6740.

It would be better for BOI if they just dealt with my complaint themselves rather than lying to me and then hanging up on me.

Absolutely infuriated with BOI

Mod note: again, do not name names.

Hi StickyIcky,

We would like to apologise that you did not receive the level of service we would expect a visitor to one of our branches to receive.

For clarification, if a member of the public is unhappy with any aspect of our service, products or staff members, we would be very keen to investigate the matter in full.

I have contacted Group Customer Complaints and they are eager to look into this matter further. If you could please send us a pm with your name, the branch you visited and your contact phone number they will arrange for a representative to get in touch with you directly.

I hope this helps and thanks again for taking the time to post. 

Thanks
    Tara

If you could please send us a pm with your name, the branch you visited and your contact phone number they will arrange for a representative to get in touch with you directly.
    Sure I tried to PM you but it says...

"Bank of Ireland: Tara has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

If you are trying to send this message to multiple recipients, remove Bank of Ireland: Tara from the recipient list and send the message again."

You guys aren't making things easy for me today at all.  

I've been on the phone to BOI three times, been into the branch twice, made four calls to other advice centres, posted on your Facebook and Boards. 

Can I suggest you or someone else PM me and I'll reply perhaps?

Hi StickyIcky,

There appears to be an issue with us receiving pms at the moment and the Boards Team are looking into this for us.

We have sent you a pm now. If you could please reply to that and we'll forward the details to our Complaints Team. 

Thanks
    Tara

• Advertisement

Hi StickyIcky,

We have yet to receive a reply to our pm from you. Have you been in contact with another area?

Thanks
    Tara

Hi Tara

Sorry I've been busy with work.  

I'm going to PM  you my contact details this minute.  

Thank you for your help and persistence also.

Hi StickyIcky,

Thanks for your pm. We'll also need your full name and the branch you had visited regarding your card and we can then forward the details immediately to the Complaints Team. 

Thanks
    Tara

Advertisement