Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

International Transfer Qs

Options
  • 25-11-2013 12:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Two things I was looking to find out about:

1. Is it possible to amend the details of a Payee (International or otherwise) on my Banking 365 account? I made a slight error in the account name when making a payment and it has since been rejected but when I tried to change it online I couldn't see how to?

2. I was under the impression that when you make International payments in the local currency that you are not charged but I've been charged €5, could that be clarified?

Many thanks. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sean

Hi Jerrica

Thank you for contacting us on Boards.

It will be necessary for you to delete and re add the payee again, as it is not possible to amend the payee details once activated.

In relation to international charges, Bank of Ireland 365 will charge a flat fee of E5.00 per transfer to send in the local currency to countries which are not EU Regulated.

Just to mention, there is a flat fee of E12.00 when transferring Euro to countries not EU Regulated.

I hope this information helps. If you have any further queries please do not hesitate to ask.

Thanks
    Seán

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Jerrica

Thanks Sean. I was charged €5 to transfer money to Thailand. Apparently I got the name of the account wrong and the money is being wired back to me, I assume that I would be charged another €5 (or possibly €12 if I was incorrectly charged first time) for repayment?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Paula C

Hi Jerrica,

Yes, it will be necessary to pay the transfer charge once you request the payment again online.

If you have further queries please feel free to ask.

Thanks,
    Paula C

Advertisement