Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

External HD's. Recommendations please

Options
  • 25-11-2013 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

Hi there,

I am working on a 21" iMac with a 500 gig HD. I want to get an external HD (500 gigs or 1TB) as I want to back up photos on to it. (I am a keen photographer and have a lot of images).

One of the guys in the Camera club suggested Lacie HD's. I had never heard of them before. Have others here used them and what were their opinions ?

Or are there better makes/models. I am familiar with makes such as Western Digital, Iomega, Toshiba etc.

I ideally want something that can be powered via USB to eliminate yet another cable and requirement for a socket but I want it to be reliable too.

Any suggestions would be most welcome.

Mark.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

Western Digital Elements good solid disks using three as backup disks right now without any problems at all they have been running for about a year or so.

I did look at the Lacie drives back then but the cost put me off them.

Advertisement