Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eyelash tint - redhead

• 25-11-2013 1:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭

When I was getting my nails done last week, the beautician commented on how long my eyelashes are and said they would look great if I got them tinted. I am a fair redhead and my eyelashes are extremely blonde. Would it look really weird if I got a brown tint on my lashes or is the beautician on to something?

I don't want to get it done and then look ridiculous. Any thoughts?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

When I was getting my nails done last week, the beautician commented on how long my eyelashes are and said they would look great if I got them tinted. I am a fair redhead and my eyelashes are extremely blonde. Would it look really weird if I got a brown tint on my lashes or is the beautician on to something?

I'm between blonde and red, and have very fair eyebrows and lashes. I always get the blue black tint on my lashes and it looks amazing! Dont be afraid!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

Do you wear mascara? It's the same principle! I never would have thought hair colour mattered. The tint really does wonders for your eyes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

I got mine done in black for my honeymoon as I didn't want to be bothered with makeup, it looked really natural!

ElleEm wrote: »
    Do you wear mascara? It's the same principle! I never would have thought hair colour mattered. The tint really does wonders for your eyes!

In fact, it can be very striking if you are heading out somewhere and use a layer of mascara over it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Thinking of getting this done too! My eyelashes are so so blonde. Even if mascara is applied properly I can never get to where they start...as you can see here...

Just wondering, is getting them tinted uncomfortable? I have sensitive enough eyes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭lubie76

I'm fair too and get them done brown black- I do my own with a home kit although it's difficult to get right to the roots of the lower lashes.

If you get a good therapist it shouldn't hurt although I find it can sting slightly towards the end of the treatment depending on skin sensitivity.

Lia_lia wrote: »
    Thinking of getting this done too! My eyelashes are so so blonde. Even if mascara is applied properly I can never get to where they start...as you can see here...

Just wondering, is getting them tinted uncomfortable? I have sensitive enough eyes!

It can be a little bit stingy, and if you wear lenses take them out before. The worst part is that you have to wait for 10/15 minutes with your eyes closed and it can be hard not to open them - you know when you are told not to do something :D Definitely worth it though, and the blue black is amazing. It sometimes leaves a very faint hue on the lids near the lashes which gives that lovely smokey effect. This threas makes me want to get mine done now for the weekend! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Lia_lia wrote: »

It's uncomfortable if tint gets in your eyes (however its not dangerous), it can sting. This doesn't happen unless you open your eyes though. I hate having my eyes closed for the 15 mins it takes, I find it very claustrophobic so my friend does mine with my eyes open. Obviously it stings the living daylights out of me, but it is worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Cam24

I'm getting my eyelashes tinted tomorrow and I'm the same as homemadecider I have red hair with very fair lashes.
    I'm just wondering if I wear mascara tomorrow will they take it off in the beautician or should I just not wear any?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Cam they will take it off in the salon if you wear it but you'd probably be better off not wearing any in

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

I love an eyelash tint - havent had one done in years.

My mother in law got one done a couple of years ago and people kept asking us if she had had plastic surgery!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Cam24

Cam they will take it off in the salon if you wear it but you'd probably be better off not wearing any in

Ok I probably won't wear it so. Thanks for your help!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Shelli2

I'm addicted to Yumi lashes, which is basically a tint and a semi permanent curl in your lashes! Mine are blonde and grow straight out and a curler never does anything for them, the difference is amazing but still natural looking, and then when I wear a little mascara it looks like falsies.
    Can't recommend it enough. I get the medium curl with black tint. You can choose from 3 different degrees of curl.

Advertisement