Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

private swimming lessons Dublin Area

Options
  • 25-11-2013 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi,

Could anyone recommend where to get some private swimming lessons specifically for improving triathlon swimming technique?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭StaggerLee

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭MD1983

101dave wrote: »
    Hi,

Could anyone recommend where to get some private swimming lessons specifically for improving triathlon swimming technique?

Thanks in advance.

http://www.pb3coaching.com/2013/09/new-starting-7th-october-swimming-masterclass-dublin/

try Peter Kern, he may also do one to one sessions i am not sure. He has helped me from a half hour Olympic distance swimmer a few years ago to last year a 23 minute Olympic distance swimmer. This year hopefully 21 minutes for Olympic distance.

it takes time for most people and probably wont happen for you just because you took one or two lessons

if you really want to improve you need consistent help for a few years and a willingness to work at it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Mrs AKW went to Eanna in Base2Race for a session which involved video analysis. She was extremely happy with it and took away a lot of information from it. Just putting it into practise is the hard part. Might suit someone already swimming and looking to refine elements of their technique.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

MD1983 wrote: »
    http://www.pb3coaching.com/2013/09/new-starting-7th-october-swimming-masterclass-dublin/

try Peter Kern, he may also do one to one sessions i am not sure. He has helped me from a half hour Olympic distance swimmer a few years ago to last year a 23 minute Olympic distance swimmer. This year hopefully 21 minutes for Olympic distance.

it takes time for most people and probably wont happen for you just because you took one or two lessons

if you really want to improve you need consistent help for a few years and a willingness to work at it

Disagreed that you need consistent help for years.
    Agree that you need a willingness to work at it.

Also agree with the recommendation of Peter Kerns. Good swim teacher. Good eye for technique.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

if you are at beginner level than carol walsh is a good one
    ( one of those coaches -i as a coach- really like to watch doing their job)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭interested

peter kern wrote: »
    if you are at beginner level than carol walsh is a good one
    ( one of those coaches -i as a coach- really like to watch doing their job)

+1 Carol has been teaching and coaching for decades and is excellent at what she does.

her public profile fyi - http://www.linkedin.com/pub/carole-walsh/2b/105/31

• Registered Users Posts: 9 101dave

Thanks for all the help. Some good info here :)

Advertisement