Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

no efibre in efibre enabled area???

Options
  • 25-11-2013 1:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭

The map show my area to be efibre enabled but I'm not able to get it, nor are any of my neighbours?
    It's marked live since July!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

damienirel wrote: »
    The map show my area to be efibre enabled but I'm not able to get it, nor are any of my neighbours?
    It's marked live since July!

Hi damienirel

Our interactive map shows the areas where the eFibre rollout is planned. To see if eFibre is coming to your area click on a shaded area below. Or click here to check if your home is already enabled for eFibre.

Which is why we have a line checker to checks specific lines and address' have you spken to the efibre team - 1800 661 622 to check your address?

Mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭damienirel

Yes I think you missed my point.
    I'm in a efibre area that has been marked live but I can't get it.
    Neither can neighbours in a 1 mile radius.
    The map for my area is complete rubbish - and no call to Eircom ever changes this.
    So it's obviously not true that efibre is available in my area.
    It's as if Eircom have forgotten about my area - a cabinet has been fitted at the end of the road pre-June - but it hasn't been connected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

damienirel wrote: »
    Yes I think you missed my point.
    I'm in a efibre area that has been marked live but I can't get it.
    Neither can neighbours in a 1 mile radius.
    The map for my area is complete rubbish - and no call to Eircom ever changes this.
    So it's obviously not true that efibre is available in my area.
    It's as if Eircom have forgotten about my area - a cabinet has been fitted at the end of the road pre-June - but it hasn't been connected.

Hi damienirel

There is a message located below the map which reads:

The map is for illustrative purpose only and not all homes within the eFibre area can avail of the service. Specific address must be checked to ensure eFibre can be supplied.

The reason this statement specifies not all homes within the eFibre area can avail of the service is because although efibre may have come to an area for example "Enniscorthy" not all cabinets serving specific areas/housing estates within "Enniscorthy" wil have been upgraded at the time of launch, at present and some of these will not be upgraded at all. Even if cabinets have been installed some require more work.

If you would like to PM me your address I'll look into plans for your area and offer you the best indication I can of when efibre might be available.

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Apologies for jumping into this thread, but I'm experiencing the same situation as damienirel i.e. area is apparently fibre-enabled but my specific address isn't.  Can I find out when/if I'm likely to be able to get fibre broadband?

blastman wrote: »
    Apologies for jumping into this thread, but I'm experiencing the same situation as damienirel i.e. area is apparently fibre-enabled but my specific address isn't.  Can I find out when/if I'm likely to be able to get fibre broadband?
    Hi blastman

If you would like to PM me your landline number or address I can look into this for you.

Thanks

Al

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Message sent, Alan, thanks.

blastman wrote: »
    Message sent, Alan, thanks.
    Just replied blastman

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Fathead

Hi i'm in the same boat could you also please check my line sending PM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

Fathead wrote: »
    Hi i'm in the same boat could you also please check my line sending PM

Hi fathead,

Yes I can check this for you. If you PM me your details I'll look into this for you?

Thanks

Tracey

Advertisement