Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beginner Guitar Lessons - Dublin 14

• 25-11-2013 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭

Looking to finally take lessons and learn how to play the Guitar.

Wondering what's the best way to go about it?

Have looked at lessons in the likes of The Music Room in Dundrum, Waltons etc.

Can anyway say if these are good or is it better looking on the likes of Adverts.ie or Gumtree for cheaper/individual lessons.

Would preferably like to find somewhere close to home ie. Churchtown, Dundrum direction

Any help appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,452 ✭✭✭Rigsby

Depends on what your goal is in learning the guitar. If it's just for fun and enjoyment, then my choice would be to check out Gumtree or Adverts. At the same time, try to confirm that the teacher has both experience of teaching and also knows their stuff. A good idea would be to get the teacher to recommend a tutorial book and work through it with him/her.

I think you are right to seek lessons when you are starting from scratch. You will learn more in a few weeks with a good teacher than in a few months working on your own.

Best of luck with it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Mom_of_3

Hi there,
    I lived in Churchtown until recently & started piano 3 years ago after my first baby. I found an amazing teacher who comes to the house each week. I just sat Grade 3 exam yesterday so I have made significant progress thanks to him. He also teaches guitar. I would highly recommend him. Such a lovely personality too. In his 30s. Qualified teacher. Send me an email & I'll give u his number. Don't know if he's booked up but worth a shot. Saw his advert originally in SuperValu!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Dublin_2014

Hi Mom of 3

Would you PM his details too? I'm looking for beginner lessons for my 8 year old in same area. Couldn't see on SV board the other day.

Many thanks

Advertisement