Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAIQ Certification

Options
  • 25-11-2013 2:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭

Hey all, I'm looking for some advice. I going to do the GAIQ Cert. I intend to start the training courses this week. Is this all the training thats provided? https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/3424288?hl=en

When I pay for the test does that only entitle me to one attempt at the cert? Is there any sample tests available to help me prepare? And if you guys have any other tips/advice it'd be much appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭IRE60

A few sample tests, or recent examples in you search for them. All the docs you need are online from google. Vids are good - some dated.
    If i remember correctly, if you have to do it again its at a reduced rate (I think)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Brendan Flowers

And are all the questions multiple choice?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 lavelle72

^ Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Brendan Flowers

Thanks! Any other tips/advice you guys can offer someone preparing for the GAIQ cert?

Not really much advise to give. The test is a bit of as joke as you can pause it and go off to find the answer if you wish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭blue4ever

lavelle72 wrote: »
    Not really much advise to give. The test is a bit of as joke as you can pause it and go off to find the answer if you wish.

Obviously not sat it: you have 90mis to answer 70 questions. You cannot 'pause' the exam. You'll be marked out of the questions you've answered in the 90 mins.

C

blue4ever wrote: »
    Obviously not sat it: you have 90mis to answer 70 questions. You cannot 'pause' the exam. You'll be marked out of the questions you've answered in the 90 mins.

C

I've taken the test 3 times over the last 5 or so years (as it's only valid for 18 months) - sorry, I had it in my head you could pause it.

Regardless, anyone with any foundation knowledge of GA will fly through most questions and can flag any they are finding more difficult to look up at the end. Hence why I said it was a bit of a joke as it is essentially "open book".

I would obviously encourage someone to try take the thing without looking up answers on other tabs. I know a sales guy who knew zero about analytics who was able to pass it within 2 weeks, mostly because he found the answers on the fly. This discredits the GAIQ, IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 3sixty

blue4ever wrote: »

C

There is no point in giving out advice when you have no knowledge of this exam then is there. Your only giving out wrong information.

YES you can pause the test and come back and finish it within 5 days and all your answers will be saved.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭blue4ever

I was certified two years back (note: have to do that again!) at that point that facility was not available - it was there and then - so its a miscommunication on my behalf.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭The Apprentice

Ye i remember taking it.. and u could pause it !!

• Advertisement
Advertisement