Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English with Drama in UCD?

Options
  • 25-11-2013 2:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭

I am considering doing English with Drama in UCD next year and I'd like to know what the course is like? It sounds appealing so I'd like to get an insight into what it's like from people who have done it/are currently studying it :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭OneOfThem Stumbled

Lollipop95 wrote: »
    I am considering doing English with Drama in UCD next year and I'd like to know what the course is like? It sounds appealing so I'd like to get an insight into what it's like from people who have done it/are currently studying it :)

Module list

Might be useful.

Note that students register 60 credits every year.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭beauty101

I'm doing pure English currently and I really enjoy it however if you're comparing it to Leaving Cert English it's quite the opposite. It's less creative more critical analysis. Be prepared for A LOT of reading- one book per week in first year semester 1 plus weekly homework that takes about 3+ hours as well as that you'll have to do several Literature group projects (Chaucer and Shakespeare) with very little guidance from your teachers and several 1500-2000 word essays which are graded quite strictly.

However if like me you love the English language you'll enjoy the challenge of it!

Advertisement