Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Prep Courses

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Will the initial test be done a week after the closing date for recruitment or a week after application?

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Scouser

Will the initial test be done a week after the closing date for recruitment or a week after application?

i say allow a week from the day of closing - its been that way for other jobs on PAS

you will also have a window of a few days in which to complete the tests

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Scouser wrote: »
    i say allow a week from the day of closing - its been that way for other jobs on PAS

you will also have a window of a few days in which to complete the tests

I was thinking that because it's not ideal for anyone to be completing or asked to complete tests over the christmas period.

I applied today and then thought I could have to do the test from the 23rd up to the 30th.

It would be one way of weeding out people I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Scouser

I was thinking that because it's not ideal for anyone to be completing or asked to complete tests over the christmas period.

I applied today and then thought I could have to do the test from the 23rd up to the 30th.

It would be one way of weeding out people I suppose.

no the closing date will pass before we get any tests so enjoy your christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 AmiBear

Can anyone shed some light on ways to prepare for stage one I'll be doing a prep course obviously but was wondering is there other ways we can prepare that might be helpful.. Anyone got any suggestions for books that might help? Goodluck to everyone who has applied!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Sugar Free

I'm not familiar with the particular aptitude tests for AGS but I've used *Edited by user* for the Army Cadets aptitude tests and they were fantastic. They also run AGS prep courses.

The two guys who run it - at the time I did the course anyway - are both serving Gardaí so there's no bullsh*t about them.

Was ranked (I think - don't have the email any more) 31st after the aptitude tests out of god knows how many applicants. I would attribute a significant portion of this to the *Edited by user* prep course.

PM me for the details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

Save your money.

You have as much chance getting a position in AGS without doing a prep course as those who have.
    You can get practice aptitude tests online for free.
    You can buy books about interview preparation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 TazTipp

I am very late in looking into courses for help for the apptitude test - most have now finshed would anyone reccommend getting the material from careerservices?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

TazTipp wrote: »
    I am very late in looking into courses for help for the apptitude test - most have now finshed would anyone reccommend getting the material from careerservices?

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 TazTipp

Would you suggest any other way of getting prepared? I would be very grateful of any advice!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭thekopend

TazTipp wrote: »
    Would you suggest any other way of getting prepared? I would be very grateful of any advice!

A day course, career services ones are still available

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Doyouevenlift9

Dose any one know whats the best prep course to go on?

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭vardy98

Hi guys, I'm going to be applying for the guards in the next recruitment drive and I was wondering if anyone who has done the prep courses for stage one with careers services could tell me what is actually discussed in the course on the day, I am going to do the prep courses but would just like an idea of what to expect, thanks in advance.

Advertisement