Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Savings not lodged into my current account in 30 days

Options
  • 25-11-2013 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭

Hi

I am moving my accounts to Permanent TSB as I was having to keep over €3,000 in my BOI account to not be penalised, then the €5 was still brought in. I decided I had enough so I went in branch to cancel.

When in there I also had to close don my BOI savings account (as it's linked to a BOI current account and can't be kept on). This was on the 25th of October, and I was told my money would come into my BOI curretn account in 30 days. This has not happened.

Can you let me know why this has not gone through yet? I tried calling but I was on hold for 15 minutes.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sean

cloneslad wrote: »
    Hi

I am moving my accounts to Permanent TSB as I was having to keep over €3,000 in my BOI account to not be penalised, then the €5 was still brought in. I decided I had enough so I went in branch to cancel.

When in there I also had to close don my BOI savings account (as it's linked to a BOI current account and can't be kept on). This was on the 25th of October, and I was told my money would come into my BOI curretn account in 30 days. This has not happened.

Can you let me know why this has not gone through yet? I tried calling but I was on hold for 15 minutes.
    Hi cloneslad,

We're sorry to hear you are closing your account, Bank of Ireland values all their customers and we are sorry to lose your custom.

The delay may be due to the 30 days notice date landing on a non working day.  If the notice was placed on the account on the 25/10/13 the 30th day was Sunday the 24/11/13.  If this was the case the money should be in your account by close of business today.

We have no access to account specific information so we are unable to look into this on your behalf.  If the savings account was opened through Bank of Ireland 365 please call them on 0818 365 365 and select the * key, a representative will be happy to look into this for you.

We hope this is resolved for you as quickly as possible and we wish you all the best in your future.

Thanks

Seán  

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

cloneslad wrote: »
    Hi

Hi cloneslad,

We're sorry to hear you are closing your account, Bank of Ireland values all their customers and we are sorry to lose your custom.

The delay may be due to the 30 days notice date landing on a non working day.  If the notice was placed on the account on the 25/10/13 the 30th day was Sunday the 24/11/13.  If this was the case the money should be in your account by close of business today.

We have no access to account specific information so we are unable to look into this on your behalf.  If the savings account was opened through Bank of Ireland 365 please call them on 0818 365 365 and select the * key, a representative will be happy to look into this for you.

We hope this is resolved for you as quickly as possible and we wish you all the best in your future.

Thanks

Seán  
    Hi Sean

Thanks for your reply. I'm not in an urgent need to access the money, it will just be getting thrown into a new saving account with TSB.

I would have preferred to have stayed with BOI, as I have been with them since I was 10, used it through school, college, post grad, working abroad and now working here, had a savings account, current account and credit card with BOI too, but the lack of fees with your competitors made it a financially sound decision to move banks.

Thanks for your help

Advertisement