Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Infraction received for this?

Options
  • 25-11-2013 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭

I wish to appeal an infraction received here...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057090289

Infraction received in post #47.

The moderator has claimed that this post is uncivil and amounts to personal abuse.

Please note the details of the thread where the OP claims that her partner has been involved with a criminal gang who are now threatening them. My comment contained nothing except the truism 'Lie down with dogs, wake up with fleas', and is an entirely fair comment to make in this thread.

Please also note that this was my only contribution to this thread, the moderator issued no prior warnings regarding 'unconstructive contributions' which mine was judged to be.

My comment can in no way be construed as personal abuse or uncivil, and I am appealing this infraction because it is unfair, and does nothing to contribute positively to the community at Boards.ie. I always try to maintain civility in all my communications on this forum and I am completely at a loss as to why I received this infraction.

Many thanks for considering this appeal.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

I'll save the CMods time dealing with this one.

Your only comment on that thread was not in any way constructive or helpful and was nothing more than judgemental. It didn't contribute to the thread in any way.

Various forums on this site have different standards required of those posting in the forum. Some forums have a more lighthearted approach, others are quite serious. Do yourself a favour and try to determine forum standards before posting.

Infraction stands.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement