Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbour with council house but does not live there!!

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

For gods sake the woman could simply be working nights and has a timer for the night so her house doesnt get robbed.

The poor woman cant even leave her house without being spied on by the OP.

And the OP still hasnt shown proof that the house is a council house.

You need to be seen as having a housing need to get a council house, Im sure if it was perfectly plausible for this woman to live in her parents ten bedroom mansion then she would not have been approved 8 odd years ago when she would have went on the list initially. Since, you know, people with a larger need are higher on the list than she was.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,394 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer

D3PO wrote: »
    it would be interesting to get the answers to these questions although the OP has gone to ground so we wont

It hilarious that people are so hypocritical. Claiming the OP is speculating too much and then make wild speculations themselves about the OP.

What kind of axe are they grinding by going onto a forum to ask about the subject. What do they gain by bad mouthing a neighbour (without naming them)on the forum?

It is patently ridiculous deviation from the subject and the details given.

You claim to know how this works then say this can be sorted in 10 minutes. If you knew anything you would know that it wouldn't be dealt with in 10 minutes. It isn't a case of calling the neighbor and asking them a few questions ....

you also seem to have some comprehension problems. I don't know how much clearer I can be
    etc...

Showing no knowledge of the fruad system in any manner.
    You can keep clinging to the last point you have about it being a waste of money.

I can tell you the department doesn't see it that way.

Here is some questions you can answer:
    How many fraud officer are there?
    How many new fraud officer are coming on-line?
    When are they due to come on-line?
    How many levels of fraud investigation are there?
    What is the first level?
    What is the best source of information for investigation?
    I am not a civil servant and sigma six is very old school and abandoned by progressive organisations years ago. There you are for your many assumptions

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

I didn't say they were grinding an axe on the thread really do youahve to keep jumping to these extremes.

as for me speculating I will opening admit yes I am doing so, Im commenting on the information at hand which has more holes in it than a slice of swiss cheese. The difference however is that my speculation isn't wasting stretched thin resources within local councils.

The framework of my point stands speculation or not. Nobody on here has an issue with potential frauds being reported and investigated and infact id go as far as to say everybody in this thread encourages it (bar the one banned person)

What people are saying is that before reporting something you should have at least some plausible basis to do so, in my opinion the OP has not described anything in their post that indicates that there is a basis behind their accusations.

People jump to all sorts of conclusions all the time and let their personal judgement of the circumstance or circumstances cloud that judgement. I have the benefit of being detached fully and as such can apply rational thinking to the circumstance.

I get the plane to the UK every month to go to football matches. An irrational thinker might go he he flys in and out of the country all the time he must be a drug mule. Would you think that person would be right to report it to the gardai as a possibility ? or do you think that would be an irrational way to approach the situation and subsequently a waste of resources ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

Ray Palmer wrote: »
    I am not a civil servant and sigma six is very old school and abandoned by progressive organisations years ago. There you are for your many assumptions

Only 70% of fortune 500 companies use it as a key tenent in corporate strategy. Very old school :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Thank you for proving you really have no reasonable concept on lean methodology though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Only 70% of fortune 500 companies use it as a key tenent in corporate strategy. Very old school :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Thank you for proving you really have no reasonable concept on lean methodology though.

You said six sigma, not lean six :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

A work colleague of mine reported a young girl with a baby who took over her aunts house when she moved away, unknowingly from the council,it was next door to his
    I found it very hard not to laugh when he told me about his new neighbours a few weeks later
    They had to leave their horsebox outside his house because their caravan and Transit van just about fitted into their garden

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

I didn't say they were grinding an axe on the thread really do youahve to keep jumping to these extremes.

as for me speculating I will opening admit yes I am doing so, Im commenting on the information at hand which has more holes in it than a slice of swiss cheese. The difference however is that my speculation isn't wasting stretched thin resources within local councils.

The framework of my point stands speculation or not. Nobody on here has an issue with potential frauds being reported and investigated and infact id go as far as to say everybody in this thread encourages it (bar the one banned person)

What people are saying is that before reporting something you should have at least some plausible basis to do so, in my opinion the OP has not described anything in their post that indicates that there is a basis behind their accusations.

People jump to all sorts of conclusions all the time and let their personal judgement of the circumstance or circumstances cloud that judgement. I have the benefit of being detached fully and as such can apply rational thinking to the circumstance.

I get the plane to the UK every month to go to football matches. An irrational thinker might go he he flys in and out of the country all the time he must be a drug mule. Would you think that person would be right to report it to the gardai as a possibility ? or do you think that would be an irrational way to approach the situation and subsequently a waste of resources ?

Lets get one thing, axe to grind is irrelevant. There is either evidence for further investigation or there is not. It matter not a whit if the OP is jealous or madly in love with this person, the council will decide if a further investigation is warranted.

Look you have tried every way to make it seem like the OP is wrong as it all have another explanation. Your claims are now boiled down to it being a bad use of resources. It isn't and information from the public has the best hit rate. That is it.

Your points are hypocritical and you back away from any point when challenged. If the OP came on here saying they know for sure you would just keep quizzing them on how they know.

What you don't understand about a progressive company and fortune 500 companies not being the same thing as a general rule. Big old companies are not progressive companies and that is what the fortune 500 is mainly. The young progressive companies in the fortune 500 don't use sigma six. What does that tell you about which is efficient? I have been through the fad project management models enough to know what isn't new. You will be pushed to find any IT section in any company using sigma six because it isn't a very good system and can't handle change and react quickly.

I am done you can make all the claims you want but your last hope is that it is a waste of resources and I am telling you the department don't see it that way and they have the figures not you so I'll trust them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    Again OP, it really doesn't make any sense

She still has to pay rent
    She still has to pay utilities

It's not like by not being there she gets the house for free - she doesn't! So why pay for a council house that she has no intention of living in?

Don't you get 10,000 for giving up a council house? Maybe that's her plan?

Report her op
    and for those saying what does it matter what year her car is, of course it matters if she's getting subsidised housing, that's the problem, every one turns a blind eye and makes excuses for those scamming, maybe because they're on the take too? But decent honest taxpayers would have a problem with this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Boombastic wrote: »

Report her op
    and for those saying what does it matter what year her car is, of course it matters if she's getting subsidised housing, that's the problem, every one turns a blind eye and makes excuses for those scamming, maybe because they're on the take too? But decent honest taxpayers would have a problem with this

Decent taxpayers know the service is there for them at such a time in the future when they may need it, which is why they pay taxes. Just because we dont go around throwing accusations does not make us partners in fraud.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭cali_eire

Boombastic wrote: »

Report her op

Really? I find that kind of insulting and actually no, I am not on the "take" also, I just dont like to see someone stalked by the op who seems to have an ulterior agenda in my opinion.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Ok guys- I'm wrapping this up. I don't think we're going to achieve anything further of a constructive nature.

Regards,

The_Conductor

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement