Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LPT for house bought in September

Options
  • 25-11-2013 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Really sorry if this has been answered before but I can't get a specific answer to this and I can't get through to revenue.

We bought a house in September (FTBs). Hence we aren't supposed to pay LPT until 2017. That much is clear from discussions on here and from the revenue website.

But do we have to fill anything out to declare that we are exempt? The sale is visible on the property price register. We haven't received anything from revenue etc.

Thanks
    Quad
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭derek214

quad_red wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Really sorry if this has been answered before but I can't get a specific answer to this and I can't get through to revenue.

We bought a house in September (FTBs). Hence we aren't supposed to pay LPT until 2017. That much is clear from discussions on here and from the revenue website.

But do we have to fill anything out to declare that we are exempt? The sale is visible on the property price register. We haven't received anything from revenue etc.

Thanks
    Quad

Hi Quad_Red,

I am in the exact same position (bought in August) I called the LPT helpline today on 1890200255 and was told that I do not have to pay but I do have to register and I can do so via email to lpt@revenue.ie

Include PPS Number, Name, and Address.

I'm hoping the information I was given is accurate....

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭cali_eire

derek214 wrote: »
    Hi Quad_Red,

I am in the exact same position (bought in August) I called the LPT helpline today on 1890200255 and was told that I do not have to pay but I do have to register and I can do so via email to lpt@revenue.ie

Include PPS Number, Name, and Address.

I'm hoping the information I was given is accurate....
    I was told the same and sent my information to them. They issued me a PIN number so when I log into revenue using my PPS and PIN the property now shows up as "Exempt" so the procedure worked for me at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

cali_eire wrote: »
    I was told the same and sent my information to them. They issued me a PIN number so when I log into revenue using my PPS and PIN the property now shows up as "Exempt" so the procedure worked for me at least.

Thanks a million lads.

Did either of you guys get a confirmation email from revenue? Or some sort of receipt?

Cheers,
    Quad

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭derek214

Not so much as an auto response!...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭cali_eire

quad_red wrote: »
    Thanks a million lads.

Did either of you guys get a confirmation email from revenue? Or some sort of receipt?

Cheers,
    Quad
    I got an email back from them. I will PM you the contact info for the person I dealt with.

Advertisement