Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Modem issue

Options
  • 25-11-2013 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi guys,
    I'm having an issue with my modem. My iphone keeps dropping the signal on the modem, and picks up again maybe 5 mins later.

When I does nothing will load and will time out instead.

In addition I've tried the reset button and taking out the plug and phone wire to see if ither ps but still Sam problem..

Any ideas.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

devilp wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    I'm having an issue with my modem. My iphone keeps dropping the signal on the modem, and picks up again maybe 5 mins later.

When I does nothing will load and will time out instead.

In addition I've tried the reset button and taking out the plug and phone wire to see if ither ps but still Sam problem..

Any ideas.
    Hi devilp

Sorry to hear of this, Is there any other wireless devices losing signal or is it just your iphone?

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 2 devilp

Hi devilp

Sorry to hear of this, Is there any other wireless devices losing signal or is it just your iphone?

Thanks

Al

Hi Al,

Thanks for the response. I checked last night and the laptop won't connect either. Both with wifi and with Ethernet connected.

It had been dodgey up until a week ago and then last week my brother took a look at it ( works in networks in eitcom too) and said there is data coming at a steady speed.. But then it just seems to have stopped. The phone line is still ok. But the wires at the wall are messy so maybe something has faultered there or blown something on the chipboard...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

devilp wrote: »
    Hi devilp

Thanks

Al

Hi Al,

Thanks for the response. I checked last night and the laptop won't connect either. Both with wifi and with Ethernet connected.

It had been dodgey up until a week ago and then last week my brother took a look at it ( works in networks in eitcom too) and said there is data coming at a steady speed.. But then it just seems to have stopped. The phone line is still ok. But the wires at the wall are messy so maybe something has faultered there or blown something on the chipboard...
    Hi Devilp,

Can you have a look at the following checks - http://bit.ly/RN6MXn

Improve wifi signal - http://bit.ly/PlpCli

Let us know if there is any improvement

Mark

Advertisement