Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Frist ALL metal 3d printed gun.

Options
  • 25-11-2013 5:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.gundigest.com/guns/handgun-reviews-articles/check-worlds-first-3d-printed-metal-gun?et_mid=649505&rid=236063388.

Selective Laser Sintering
    Well, was going to happen eventually...But no need for anti gun nuts to get their panties in a twist just yet.
    It requires a machine that proably costs over 500k dollars and a CAD degree.
    And your gun will proably cost up in the 20 k region.:p YET!!
    Bit much for a model 1911:p

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Well, was going to happen eventually
    Told ya. (Yes, seven months does count as "a while"... :pac: )

Doesn't change anything though, the offence is possession of an unlicenced firearm, it still doesn't matter whether you printed it off on a hugely expensive and complicated state-of-the-art machine or if you bought it off some druggie down the pub...

• Subscribers Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭IRLConor

When I saw Sparks reply to a post about a sintered gun I thought he was going to point out the wonderful properties of his old sintered stock:

dsc00550a.jpg

It does make quite a nice door handle now though. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭valerossi

It requires a machine that proably costs over 500k dollars and a CAD degree

I Have access to both:)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

There's always one isnt there??:p

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

IRLConor wrote: »
    When I saw Sparks reply to a post about a sintered gun I thought he was going to point out the wonderful properties of his old sintered stock:

dsc00550a.jpg

It does make quite a nice door handle now though. :D

HPDC - High Pressure die casting - is not the same as sintering.

tac

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭IRLConor

tac foley wrote: »
    HPDC - High Pressure die casting - is not the same as sintering.

I was under the impression that that generation of Anschütz stocks were sintered. I've nothing to go on except for what I've been told by people that own(ed) them so I'm sure I could be wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭rowa

There are loads of engineering works lying idle all over the country thanks to ahern and biffo's carry on, none have gone over to knocking out 1911's or glocks afaik. I did do an interview for a machine shop before, where i subsequently learned the boss had just been let out of portlaoise under the good friday agreement for making mortar tubes for the ira, so it can happen.

Any small-scale machine shop can knock out a couple [or ten] sub-machine guns a week like they used to do in certain parts of Belfast until recently. I got the chance to shoot one, and it not only worked perfectly, but emptied the 32-round magazine in much less time than the service SMG.

tac

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

So you got to shoot an" Ulster funny gun"??:)
    Always been fascinated by homemade and improvised guns.

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    So you got to shoot an" Ulster funny gun"??:)
    Always been fascinated by homemade and improvised guns.

Sir, you don't know the half of it. :cool:

tac

• Advertisement
Advertisement