Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you buy a house that someone was Murdered in?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

phi3 wrote: »
    I think I'd be less worried about the fact that it was a murder and more worried that this man will get out of prison in a few years time. What if he wanted to come back. Or people connected to either of the men involved. I know it's unlikely but I just wonder whether it's something that may be on my mind.

Yeah, thats why I said earlier that the specifics would be good to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

See - this only holds if you believe in "evil". I believe in mental illness, brain damage, neurons misfiring, drug abuse etc...

Evil is a religious concept, so it wouldnt bother me in that sense. People die and are killed, raped, beaten, tortured etc all over the place. Tallaght is built on a mass grave - the name even means Plague Burial Place, thousands of Partholonians died there of some plague. Maybe some of them killed each other?

Im sure if you could stand in one spot and go back in history you would see murders going on around you.

It can be. But you don't have to believe in religion, or God'(s) for the word "evil" to apply. To murder someone is an evil thing to do. There are few circumstances where it would not be an evil thing to murder a person. Look up the definition of the word for yourself (wicked, immoral etc).

goz83 wrote: »
    It can be. But you don't have to believe in religion, or God'(s) for the word "evil" to apply. To murder someone is an evil thing to do. There are few circumstances where it would not be an evil thing to murder a person. Look up the definition of the word for yourself (wicked, immoral etc).

"stains of evil" is the phrase you originally used. I cant really understand how someone who commits a murder leaves a "stain of evil" unless its being used in a religious context.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

phi3 wrote: »
    I think I'd be less worried about the fact that it was a murder and more worried that this man will get out of prison in a few years time. What if he wanted to come back. Or people connected to either of the men involved. I know it's unlikely but I just wonder whether it's something that may be on my mind.

It's not going to happen in this case, IMO. Why would he come back? It wasn't his house, he just killed the guy living there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

Faith wrote: »
    It's not going to happen in this case, IMO. Why would he come back? It wasn't his house, he just killed the guy living there.

Ya I think it's illogical alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

"stains of evil" is the phrase you originally used. I cant really understand how someone who commits a murder leaves a "stain of evil" unless its being used in a religious context.

hmmm yes, I see your point, but it was not in a religious context. The stain of evil is left there because someone committed an evil deed and this has been recorded for the OP to be able to find using Google.

Myself and many others would find it hard to not think of someone being murdered in a house we lived. That would be the "stain" I am talking about.

goz83 wrote: »
    hmmm yes, I see your point, but it was not in a religious context. The stain of evil is left there because someone committed an evil deed and this has been recorded for the OP to be able to find using Google.

Myself and many others would find it hard to not think of someone being murdered in a house we lived. That would be the "stain" I am talking about.

Oh I see what youre getting at.

I thought you meant an actual stain of evil on the property itself, as in, it could taint someone else living there.

But I think now what you mean is that any reference to the property is tainted by the fact of the murder.

That wouldnt bother me. My childhood family home had a bad thing happen, its gone from Google now, there isnt unlimited server space for news stories to leave old items available to search engines. No doubt a bit of digging would uncover it but youd have to know what you were looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Gooners37

Yes, wouldn't make any difference to be honest.
    People can get murdered anywhere, whether in a good location or a bad location. I would not let that affect my decision at all, plenty of other things to think about when buying a house other than someone died there years ago.

Advertisement