Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Horizon box hangs. Is this typical?

• 25-11-2013 6:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 219 ✭✭

I am a new convert to Horizon. Have it now for about three weeks. I am finding that the box hangs about once every two days or so. Only fix is to power off/on. Symptoms are that the time showing is when it was last switched off. At 5.30 today it is showing 3.05 as the time. Pressing power-on has no effect. Broadband and phone continue to work. Just no TV.
    Reaching in to the back of the box to find the OFF switch is very inconvenient.
    Is this behaviour typical? Should I raise an issue with UPC?
    Ger.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

Nope, certainly not normal. I've probably had a couple of hangs like that since the start of the trial, but none in many weeks now. You could try resetting to factory defaults, or contacting UPC.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 razor70

Mine crashes at least twice a day.

I have been hanging out for that firmware update which was rumored in mid November. But it's getting ridiculous now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

The sw updated the other day, did you not get that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

If it's hanging that often then op I think you should get a new box. Hanging every few days is not right

• Registered Users Posts: 29 razor70

Thanks guys, I will get on to UPC about it. Again.

• Advertisement
Advertisement