Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to ballina

Options
  • 25-11-2013 7:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭

As it says im moving to ballina for 8months placements with a company I believe is located in the Town. I currently do not drive however I'm from west Sligo so it could be considered. I was thinking of moving to Ballina as it would be alot easier for me to get to work. I was just wondering what people would suggest. I went on to daft and at the moment theres only 3 house's up for sharing.Is there any areas that ye would recommend/avoid
    Whats the average rate per week?
    Thanks
    Skinny

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭MollFlanders

Try the classified sections in the Western People out on Mondays or the Mayo News.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Eddie Ere

The house in Rockwell that's up for rent is in a really nice estate, and they're good build houses. The Riverside Drive house is also in a big estate, although I'd personally choose Rockwell over it. Not going to recommend any area to avoid for fear of offending someone :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 verbumdei

Why not get a Room in a B&B for a few weeks, its a lot cheaper (+ no bills)

Otherwise you can rent one of the mobile homes that are in the Park behind Coca-Cola in Belleek woods area.

Don't go rushing to Rent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭voz es

up the Park just remember its not the same as Phenoix park but a lot more firework displays.... Balllina has its own north side its called Ard Na Ri nice people and a great pub caled the auld sheeben. well out the Foxford road and the killala road are seen as the affluent areas to live. you will meet good and bad every where though just like any other town.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭TheBully

voz es wrote: »
    up the Park, you know its where it's at

Nice friendly chaps back there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 lyno9235

Being from Ballina I wouldn't consider the Killala Road or the Foxford Road particularly affluent, there are certainly more affluent areas in town!
    As regards renting, I would advise you to check out Libadore, Quignalecka or Mossgrove Village.
    Rockwell, as already mentioned in a previous post, is also quite a nice estate, as is Knocknalyre.
    If I were you I would avoid all the other estates on the Killala Road and also Riverside, particularly Drive and Grange.
    Hope this helps if you are not already sorted!

Advertisement