Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry's Diner - Old Dunnes, Sarsfield Street.

• 25-11-2013 7:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Anyone have any fond memories/photos of this place?

I remember as a child, going into Harry's with the Mother every Saturday - getting the curry, chips and sausages before running over to get my Premier League stickers, opening them and sticking them in.

Apologies in advance if this is in another thread - I'm new.. :rolleyes:

Comments

yup after my parents did the shopping in dunnes we would go in there , a girl named kay ran the place

would always get the kiddies corner sausages beans and chips and coke

afterward my mam would give me a pound for ice cream and the girl would fill a huge coke cup with ice-cream and lets me have as many flakes and sprinkles I want

I loved going into town as a child on a Saturday as I knew before we went home I would end up there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

I miss Harry's. I liked going there with my Mam when I was a kid for a feed of cod and curry chips before getting the bus home on a Saturday afternoon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

I remember going to Harrys Corner for the all day breakfast , was my 1st time ever having a hash brown ( I never even heard of one never mind tasted one ), till this day I am unsure what a hash brown is...

Oh and the ice cream was a guarantee brain freeze

• Registered Users Posts: 17 VirginMary

Does anyone have any photos? Impossible to find stuff. I'd love to have a few snaps for memory's sake!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭whatdoicare

All I remember was that painting they had up of the fisherman with a mermaid in a crab net cage thing - I loved that painting!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Den_M

Aww I loved Harrys! We always went there after shopping at Dunnes when I was a kid. Their sausages were really fat and gorgeous!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

Not so much Harrys itself but the highlight of my trips to town was getting a 'choco' cone from the shop across from Harrys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Harry's coleslaw was excellent, I always hated the stuff until I tried theirs. It was so good my mum used to buy an extra portion boxed up to take home.

wingnut wrote: »
    Not so much Harrys itself but the highlight of my trips to town was getting a 'choco' cone from the shop across from Harrys.

after harrys my parents always brought there next to get a magazine

o to be a kid again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 485 ✭✭SoapMcTavish

I was going out with a girl who worked there ..... met in the New Yorker night club.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,278 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I was more of a burgerland fan myself when I was a child.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

My first ever job was in Harry's!

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭CrazyChick18

I remember going there on a Saturday with my grandmother can always remember getting the beans sausages and chips and can always remember it be so busy all the time.

A really missed place.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭CheltenhamJ

I think Harry now runs the cafe at the bell table

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Munstermad

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    My first ever job was in Harry's!
    My first job there too!!! I used to work the ice-cream counter usually... Ohh the good old days eh? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭tommy_irish23

yes harry is in chimes restaurant where the belltable is with his wife siobhan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭LadyTBolt

A Kiddies Corner meal for 99p and a Knickerbocker Glory. I loved that place as a child............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Munstermad wrote: »
    My first job there too!!! I used to work the ice-cream counter usually... Ohh the good old days eh? :D

That's not what I'd call them :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

There is no beating a kiddies corner in my eyes :) even saying the name, brings the taste right back. There used to be a great buzz there, especially at this time of year with all the decorations up.. Ahhh :)

Advertisement