Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eFibre Trial Ending

Options
  • 25-11-2013 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭

Hello,

You wrote to me today to let me know that your 150Mb eFibre broadband pilot in Wexford is ending. I've been on this 'pilot' (unbeknownst to myself - I thought I just had fibre broadband and that was that). And that my service will no longer be available come 20th December.

So now I have to contact you and switch to another bundle.. fine. The number you provided me - nobody answers, the voicemail is full and the forwarding number is invalid. (This happens often at eircom). Anyway, I have to ask - you're not going to cut my service off during the 'downgrade' to one of your 70Mb bundles, right?.. I know new customers have a 2 week wait time - service interruptions are bad!

Also, I shouldn't even have to ask this but I'll hardly be expected to sign up to another contract when I've been on this service for around two years now, that would seem a bit punitive considering you are the ones ending my current contract..?

I can't find any information on upload speeds for the 70Mb package, can you let me know about those?

Thanks,
    Dan

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Were you fibre to the home out of curiosity?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

funkyflea wrote: »
    Hello,

You wrote to me today to let me know that your 150Mb eFibre broadband pilot in Wexford is ending. I've been on this 'pilot' (unbeknownst to myself - I thought I just had fibre broadband and that was that). And that my service will no longer be available come 20th December.

So now I have to contact you and switch to another bundle.. fine. The number you provided me - nobody answers, the voicemail is full and the forwarding number is invalid. (This happens often at eircom). Anyway, I have to ask - you're not going to cut my service off during the 'downgrade' to one of your 70Mb bundles, right?.. I know new customers have a 2 week wait time - service interruptions are bad!

Also, I shouldn't even have to ask this but I'll hardly be expected to sign up to another contract when I've been on this service for around two years now, that would seem a bit punitive considering you are the ones ending my current contract..?

I can't find any information on upload speeds for the 70Mb package, can you let me know about those?

Thanks,
    Dan
    Hi funkyflea

Can you PM us with your eircom account number and name on the account and we can send on a request for a call back from the pilot team.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement