Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Headset for PS4

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Picked up the Turtle Beach PX4 wireless headset during the week. Now, I am not an audio guy, but they sound good to me. Tried them with the PS4, PS3, Xbox 360 and Xbox One, and my PC. Sounded great with all of them. The Xbox One doesn't have Dolby however, but the stereo sound wasn't too bad.

Also, tried them with my Sky HD box and they sounded good with those, as well as Netflix via my TV.

The setup was fairly simple, and the headset hold a charge for a good while. The included usb charger cable is also very long, and they can be used while being charged. There also far lighter than my last pair of head phones, and they don't hurt my ears like my last pair after prolonged use.

Not tried the mic just yet, as I haven't been playing any games online this week. May give Killzone online a go this week sometime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

i see, whats so bad about it ive never actually heard anything through it

Exactly

ba-dum-tish.jpg

Seriously though, the packed in ear piece and mic are functional. They give everyone with a PS4 the ability to chat online and use voice commands and that is all they needed to do. Could they have been better? Absolutely. But keeping the price as low as possible was clearly imperative.

Personally, I just use the set I use with my phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I'm using the mono headset for chat and the Turtlebeaches for sound. Works a treat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Just wanted to say that I got myself creative Fatality headset for pc. I bought a cable to change the pink and green pins in to one single 3.5 jack, so I could use it with ps4 too.
    The thing works perfect ( connects right in to ps4 controller ) and in total coated me 30£. A fantastic headset for the price and works on pc and ps4. Well worth a look who is looking for a decent headset for cheap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭DUBLINHITMAN

Just got the astro mix amp pro 2013 edition
    as the 2010 model I had was no good for voice chat but sound was usual in game astro quality just hated having a ear bud for chat .

the 2013 mix amp is updated to latest firmware now and ready to go
    it also has 4 preset equaliser settings which are really good.
    the sound quality from the new edition is a big difference compared to the old version

anyway just a heads up for the money you won't be disappointed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 160 ✭✭Caoimhin

Just got the astro mix amp pro 2013 edition
    as the 2010 model I had was no good for voice chat but sound was usual in game astro quality just hated having a ear bud for chat .

the 2013 mix amp is updated to latest firmware now and ready to go
    it also has 4 preset equaliser settings which are really good.
    the sound quality from the new edition is a big difference compared to the old version

anyway just a heads up for the money you won't be disappointed

Yeah money aside they are bloody great

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭3206jake

Sony are bringing out a wireless headset especially for the PS4 called Gold Wireless headset

Can't find any info when their released here but their out in America for $100

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,553 ✭✭✭✭Varik

3206jake wrote: »
    Sony are bringing out a wireless headset especially for the PS4 called Gold Wireless headset

Can't find any info when their released here but their out in America for $100

It's up on the EU PS blog, the headset is €90 here and which with out Vat rate and the exchange rate means we're doing well.

Varik wrote: »
    It's up on the EU PS blog, the headset is €90 here and which with out Vat rate and the exchange rate means we're doing well.

€90 isn't to bad,any an idea when It can be bought ? Don't want to wait weeks from America but I will if I have to

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 150 ✭✭gep91

€90 isn't to bad,any an idea when It can be bought ? Don't want to wait weeks from America but I will if I have to

I couldnt wait any longer and bought the sony pulse elite - pretty much the same headset anyway

• Advertisement

gep91 wrote: »
    I couldnt wait any longer and bought the sony pulse elite - pretty much the same headset anyway

I havent heard of that, any good ??? how much ??

I havent heard of that, any good ??? how much ??

go to amazon or google them, Gamestop have them for 99euro buddy. bare in mind the headset is very very good but apprently the headband is not very good over time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

go to amazon or google them, Gamestop have them for 99euro buddy. bare in mind the headset is very very good but apprently the headband is not very good over time

My headband has started cracking, but iv'e had them for 1.5 years now. Sound quality is absolutely amazing tho. 'll be buying that new gold headset too!

Klair88 wrote: »
    My headband has started cracking, but iv'e had them for 1.5 years now. Sound quality is absolutely amazing tho. 'll be buying that new gold headset too!

cant wait for mine....do you use it on ps4?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

cant wait for mine....do you use it on ps4?

Yep. I used it wired to controller but since the patch i can use the dongle again, sound quality is amazing. Works perfect with PS4. 7.1 in games, especially BF4 and Outlast, heighten the gaming experience by 10 i believe. Enjoy them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Can anyone with px22 get both the chat and game audio working?
    The diagram on the Turtle Beach website directs you to output chat only to headphones :confused:

I bought it under the impression that it would work as a normal headset.

Can anyone with px22 get both the chat and game audio working?
    The diagram on the Turtle Beach website directs you to output chat only to headphones :confused:

I bought it under the impression that it would work as a normal headset.

Had a look at the diagram and it's fine and will work with both game and chat at the same time, when you've got the PX22 connected with the amplifier you do only set "output to headphones" as "chat audio" only as this is the sound coming over the USB while game audio is coming over the 3.5mm from the TV/DAC/AMP.

If you connect the headset directly to the PS4 without the inline amp then you set it to all game audio as it's all coming through that 1 3.5mm cable.

PS4-Connectivity-PX22.jpg

@Varik,
    It's not really working like that for me. Probably something to do with my odd TV :(
    It's imported and doesn't have the standard audio outputs.

47pfl6008h_12_cow_.jpg

@Varik,
    It's not really working like that for me. Probably something to do with my odd TV :(
    It's imported and doesn't have the standard audio outputs.

47pfl6008h_12_cow_.jpg

Since you've a headphone connection on the tv you don't need to use the 3.5mm to RCA splitter, just connect the 3.5mm to the side of the TV and the USB to the PS4.

Everything else is down to the TV settings, there will be a volume control for the headphones on the TV and there is one on the in-line amplifier for the headset. Try having the TV headphone sound set high and then reduce the volume on the headset control.

• Advertisement

Varik wrote: »
    Since you've a headphone connection on the tv you don't need to use the 3.5mm to RCA splitter, just connect the 3.5mm to the side of the TV and the USB to the PS4.

Everything else is down to the TV settings, there will be a volume control for the headphones on the TV and there is one on the in-line amplifier for the headset. Try having the TV headphone sound set high and then reduce the volume on the headset control.
    I was thinking about that alright, I've got a 3.5mm extension cable off some old headphones.
    I'm already using the headphone output for a home cinema system, guess I'll just swap them out or get a splitter. Cheers man, appreciate your time.

47pfl6008h_12_cow_.jpg

From the looks of it that l/r is a combined left/right channel instead of a normal component connection, that might work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Videogamesplus.ca is selling the gold wireless headset now it's 99 Canadian dollars and 15 for shipping. Works out at €77 posted to Ireland. Should get mine on Tuesday/Wednesday.

CombatCow wrote: »
    Videogamesplus.ca is selling the gold wireless headset now it's 99 Canadian dollars and 15 for shipping. Works out at €77 posted to Ireland. Should get mine on Tuesday/Wednesday.

when did you order ?? will customs not charge ??

when did you order ?? will customs not charge ??

Orderd on Thursday, no they usually mark it as a low value item.

Orderd on Thursday, no they usually mark it as a low value item.

cheers! just ordered a set,are you hoping to have it next week ?? do you get tracking ???

• Advertisement

No tracking, yeah usually they take 4 business days in my experience. Looking forward to playing Outlast with them :D:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 181 ✭✭BeanbagBallbag

Would I be able to use the Gold headphones wireless with the dongle with my smart TV?

Would I be able to use the Gold headphones wireless with the dongle with my smart TV?

The older version had a 3.5mm jack on the dongle were you could connect anything else to so that it would work, but the virtual surround was limited to the PS3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭TheOwl12

No tracking, yeah usually they take 4 business days in my experience. Looking forward to playing Outlast with them :D:eek:

You're a braver man than me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

TheOwl12 wrote: »
    You're a braver man than me.

I thought I was brave enough for Outlast. I was wrong.......so very very wrong.

• Advertisement

Nope, was expecting it yesterday, maybe the weather has slowed down the delivery, that's all I can think of. :/

Nope, was expecting it yesterday, maybe the weather has slowed down the delivery, that's all I can think of. :/

Im looking at another week so,I find that the post in Ireland has gone slower this year for some reason :(

any one get their gold wireless headset?

Nope, iv never had to wait this long to get something from VGP :/

Nope, iv never had to wait this long to get something from VGP :/

DUN-DUN-DUUUUN!!!

Customs

Still nothing, my friend who ordered the day after me has not got his yet either, I doubt it's customs, I would have heard something by now...

Still nothing, my friend who ordered the day after me has not got his yet either, I doubt it's customs, I would have heard something by now...

I'm still waiting too but I ordered a week after you

Eh actually they just arrived, they feel very nice and are really comfortable! The package was marked at 16.99 CDN :pac:

295129.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 160 ✭✭Caoimhin

Eh actually they just arrived, they feel very nice and are really comfortable! The package was marked at 16.99 CDN :pac:

295129.JPG

Look pretty sweet, let us know how they go

295129.JPG

Nice 1,was starting to worry

• Registered Users Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

295129.JPG

I tried to order these tonight from VG+ but they are out of stock :(

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭jackdalad23

295129.JPG
    How much did you pay for them if ya dont mind me asking ?

How much did you pay for them if ya dont mind me asking ?

€77 which included delivery.

What are they like ? Mine should be here in a day or 2

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭jackdalad23

Jesus thats really good. Have PX-21's but they're a bit battered so might invest. Can I ask where you got them ?

Jesus thats really good. Have PX-21's but they're a bit battered so might invest. Can I ask where you got them ?

https://www.videogamesplus.ca/product_info.php?products_id=21653

Their out of stock at the min

videogamesplus.ca

Yeah I was using them at the weekend to play BF4 and Resogun, I used the "shooter" profile from the companion app and BF4 sounds great, they are very comfy and the mic is good too, I can hear my friend perfectly who has a pair as well. They seem to hold a good charge, I got 6-7 hours out of the first charge. Can't fault them for the price really.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 BPatsy

Do anyone know if gamestop uk will deliver to ireland? they have the golds for for 60 quid and on the irish website they are 100 euro, even with the currency conversion its still a big difference

http://www.gamestop.co.uk/PlayStation%204/Games/45825/sony-wireless-stereo-headset-2-0?previousUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gamestop.co.uk%2FSearchResult%2FQuickSearchHeaderPlatform%3Fplatform%3D31%26rootGenre%3D30

http://www.gamestop.ie/PlayStation%204/Games/45916/sony-wireless-stereo-headset-2-0?previousUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gamestop.ie%2FSearchResult%2FQuickSearchHeaderPlatform%3Fplatform%3D31%26rootGenre%3D26

For the members here who have this headset whats your opinions so far? I bought the pulse elites from amazon last week and im sending them back tomorrow as the sound and volume quality is shocking, id i want to replace them for the golds but they are out of stock everywhere and the ones on amazon are going for £130!!

I want a headset for the ps3 and ps4 that has an easily swappable dongle and the golds seem the only other choice tbh.

Advertisement