Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Put on 12 Month Contract without my consent !!!

Options
  • 25-11-2013 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

I am leaving my current address and this evening I phoned to cancel my Eircom account I was told that I am on contract until August 2014 a cancellation is not possible.
    I have had this eircom account since July 2011, and have not altered my package during this time.

The lady in cancellation department told me that there is a record of an incoming call to Eircom on August 20, and I was placed on the contract then. There are no notes on this call.

The call may have been related to an increase of €12 per month on my bill, and I may have called to query why the bill amount had shot up when there was no change to the package I was on. ( I was out of contract for 12 month at the time)

I would not have agreed to any 12 month contract as I was aware all summer that I would not be staying at my current address and have refused all offers from every company since summer for that reason.  

I will PM each rep with my account details.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

who_am_I? wrote: »
    I am leaving my current address and this evening I phoned to cancel my Eircom account I was told that I am on contract until August 2014 a cancellation is not possible.
    I have had this eircom account since July 2011, and have not altered my package during this time.

The lady in cancellation department told me that there is a record of an incoming call to Eircom on August 20, and I was placed on the contract then. There are no notes on this call.

The call may have been related to an increase of €12 per month on my bill, and I may have called to query why the bill amount had shot up when there was no change to the package I was on. ( I was out of contract for 12 month at the time)

I would not have agreed to any 12 month contract as I was aware all summer that I would not be staying at my current address and have refused all offers from every company since summer for that reason.  

I will PM each rep with my account details.
    Hi who_am_I?

I got your PM, Ran a few checks and got back to you.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭who_am_I?

FThanks Mark, the PM was very helpful, 

I spoke to Sharon in complaints, she reviewed the case and canceled my account, 

When I got back to the house the router had a red light, & the Internet no longer works ,I had to login here on my phone.

, I am happy with the solution Sharon put in place.

So I am going to pack up my computer now.

One last thing, do I return the handset and modem, or will I leave them in the House?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

who_am_I? wrote: »
    FThanks Mark, the PM was very helpful, 

I spoke to Sharon in complaints, she reviewed the case and canceled my account, 

When I got back to the house the router had a red light, & the Internet no longer works ,I had to login here on my phone.

, I am happy with the solution Sharon put in place.

So I am going to pack up my computer now.

One last thing, do I return the handset and modem, or will I leave them in the House?
    Hi who_am_I?

No problem, glad I could help.

You are free to leave or take the modem.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement