Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Utterly dissatisfied with eMobile

Options
  • 25-11-2013 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭

I'm with eMobile, along with my colleague in the company we run. 

Moving to eMobile was such a mistake. The network is awful. So many dropped calls, calls missed when the phone shows full service, no data even when 3G showing, poor coverage even in residential areas, etc.

Example: Today at work my phone was next to me showing full coverage. Later I get three voicemails from clients trying to call me.

My colleague lives in a housing estate in Tramore. Poor or no service there on his phone, which is a problem when we're supposed to be on call.

I made the mistake of agreeing to a 2-year contract 11 months ago. I called eMobile, and was politely told to sod off when I requested that they release us from the contract.

They have conveniently 'lost' (or have no knowledge of) records of me calling and complaining about the service.

We work in the broadcast industry. I am personally acquainted with many well-known media chief execs and presenters and producers in RTE, Today FM, TV3, plus many of the local stations.

I wonder which one eMobile would like me to call first about this terrible service?

I am considering taking legal action against eMobile for failing to provide a service that is fit for purpose. I will also start a campaign against the company via social networking, which will surely lose the company business.

All it would take is for eMobile to release us from the contract, and nothing further would be said.

AtotT

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 690 ✭✭✭eMobile: Grainne

I'm with eMobile, along with my colleague in the company we run. 

Moving to eMobile was such a mistake. The network is awful. So many dropped calls, calls missed when the phone shows full service, no data even when 3G showing, poor coverage even in residential areas, etc.

Example: Today at work my phone was next to me showing full coverage. Later I get three voicemails from clients trying to call me.

My colleague lives in a housing estate in Tramore. Poor or no service there on his phone, which is a problem when we're supposed to be on call.

I made the mistake of agreeing to a 2-year contract 11 months ago. I called eMobile, and was politely told to sod off when I requested that they release us from the contract.

They have conveniently 'lost' (or have no knowledge of) records of me calling and complaining about the service.

We work in the broadcast industry. I am personally acquainted with many well-known media chief execs and presenters and producers in RTE, Today FM, TV3, plus many of the local stations.

I wonder which one eMobile would like me to call first about this terrible service?

I am considering taking legal action against eMobile for failing to provide a service that is fit for purpose. I will also start a campaign against the company via social networking, which will surely lose the company business.

All it would take is for eMobile to release us from the contract, and nothing further would be said.

AtotT
    Hi Trick of the Tail,

Sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with regards your coverage. Could you PM me your mobile number and your business name and address and landline number I will certainly get this investigated for you. Also if you could advise of the locations that you are experiencing these coverage issues this will assist me in getting this investigated.

Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Trick of the Tail

You've answered me on your own forum Grainne, thanks. However investigating particular instances of poor network performance isn't going to help; The network as a whole isn't fit for purpose - especially in a business environment when people like me depend on reasonable performance for our work.

It's absolutely no good to me if I miss calls, despite the phone showing good service, because the cells don't have enough capacity. I will lose clients and income.

I need eMobile to release me from our contract without penalty.

Surely eMobile would prefer me to be an ex-customer than an extremely dissatisfied and vocal continuing customer?

The amount we're paying you isn't going to break the bank. I have probably already cost you far more already by advising anyone that asks (I'm a communications consultant, so people do) NOT to go with eMobile.

Please release me from my contract with you.

Advertisement