Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gutted

Options
  • 25-11-2013 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Planning permission was refused by south dublin county council. My wife and I are living with her father brother and sister adjacent to our site. The site in question is of her family land which goes bback generation s, it is located up a cul de sac off a secondary rd, on this cul de sac there are are 7 hhousesone of which got permission through an bord plenanna two years ago. We were refused by both council -once and bord once. Through a friend of a friend who knows the head planner we have been told that we would not get planning as where cul de sac meets road is a hazardous junction and until this is addressed -no joy.. ANY IDEAS..?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,074 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

I'm sorry for your situation, its frustrating, if you were applying in the same way 20 years ago you would have likely been fine.

Unfortunately the only solution would be to fund the upgrade of the junction to the required standards yourselves as part of your application, which needless to say would cost several hundred thousand, or hope that other adjacent land is developed where the developer would have to fund the upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,798 ✭✭✭✭L1011

You need to get the junction addressed, this may involve offering to pay for it. No other way around it. Its likely the other houses should never have been given planning either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

MYOB wrote: »
    You need to get the junction addressed, this may involve offering to pay for it. No other way around it. Its likely the other houses should never have been given planning either.

If there are already dwellings in the cul de sac then the precedent is set. Unless it is a private road I would appeal the decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,798 ✭✭✭✭L1011

stoneill wrote: »
    If there are already dwellings in the cul de sac then the precedent is set. Unless it is a private road I would appeal the decision.

Precedent doesn't apply when it comes to planning or building regulations. If its out of regulations, its out of regulations.

You may have an argument if it was a non-critical issue (e.g. spoiling a view, local needs, etc) but not safety. The OP said he has appealed the decision anyway, and failed.

Advertisement