Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

weekend break killkenny

Options
  • 25-11-2013 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭

Hi there

Me and my friend thinking of going to Killkenny. Just wondering what would be the best hotel to stay in ? Also what are best nightclubs, pubs ect. ? Would mainly be going for the nightlife

Thanks

mary

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Silverscott

Hotels plenty in city include River court, Ormonde, Hibernian, Pembroke etc all near nightlife and decent quality.
    Pubs include The Left Bank, Matt the millers, Morrissons, Biddy earlys, Langtons nightclub etc to name a few.
    Enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 1 roadsss

River Court Hotel Killkenny

We had a negative experience in this hotel. I checked it out on the net and found 2 sites with a photo of a lovely swimming pool.
    So we booked this hotel for 2 nights. After booking in, we arrived at reception in tracksuits with swimming gear and asked for directions to the pool. We were informed the pool was closed for over a year. Naturally we were very disappointed. We asked the receptionist to make sure the photos were removed from these web sites,to insure this did not happen to another guest.
    Of course she said they were not responsible for other web sites.

When I got home I emailed the site URLs to the River Court, so they could contact the sites to get the photos removed. I also emailed these sites myself and asked them to remove photos of swimming pool. 1 week later, 1 photo removed and no reply from the River Court Hotel. One would expect a follow up from a 4 star hotel.

So do not book this hotel if you are expecting a swimming pool. Is this really a 4 star hotel?
    1 photo of swimming pool still on web site.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

roadsss wrote: »
    River Court Hotel Killkenny

We had a negative experience in this hotel. I checked it out on the net and found 2 sites with a photo of a lovely swimming pool.
    So we booked this hotel for 2 nights. .

can't believe your first post is this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

Bowlardo wrote: »
    can't believe your first post is this.

why not, it's informative, and obviously reinvent to the OP?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

why not, it's informative, and obviously reinvent to the OP?

Fairly sure the OP (from 2013) would have had their break by now, 2 years is a lot of planning for any trip to Kilkenny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

Fairly sure the OP (from 2013) would have had their break by now, 2 years is a lot of planning for any trip to Kilkenny.
    apologies, didn't notice the timestamps. morto for myself :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

I wonder if roadass was two years late for their booking?

Advertisement