Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite Doctor Who Moments

• 25-11-2013 10:20pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Thought I'd ask, what's your favourite Doctor Who Moments? I had to post the clip below :P Gives me the odd goose bump every time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Wholock123

This was brilliant ;D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

Everybody lives, Rose. Just this once, everybody lives!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

"I'm a Doctor, but probably not the one you expected.."

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

The Doctor going soft for Cameca in the Aztecs
    tumblr_lv7w2c7kBr1qddug1.jpg

This:

Tawdry quirks:
    Doctor-Who-Amys-Choice-006.jpg

Older Amy getting locked out in The Girl Who Waited.
    the-girl-who-waited.png

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I love this scene. I like to think it implanted a lot of ideas in a young RTD's head.

Doctor ranting at timelords? Check. Master giving him an underhanded dig out? Check.

Also I like giving Colin his time in the sun :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,136 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

I'm only a newbie. Only been into Dr. Who since the relaunch. Liked Ecclestone, really liked Tennant (Although it did get a bit melodramatic dragging on about rose the whole time etc. But loved Donna). For the first few episodes of Smith's run I just didn't get it. I posted on here saying so. The very next episode was one of my favourite episodes. Vincent. The performances were spot on (Especially Tony Curran as Vincent).

While I love the big episodes, full of bombast too (Love the Stonehenge speech, especially the "Sorry, dropped it!" at the start), I just loved this small episode. Even down to the fact that the creature aspect looked a bit...... silly. It highlighted the absurdity of the show in an otherwise relatively straightforward episode. Reminded me of the scene where Buffy fights the vampire in the episode "The Body". So intentionally out of place.

Beautiful episode overall:

Edit: 8 posts in and no "Blink"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

I get that there is no blink. Its a wonderful concept and a perfect execution, but there were very few amazing moments in it.
    Adric's death in Earthshock
    Davros's speech 'that power would set me above the gods'
    Chris Ecclestone - Lots of planets have a north

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,223 ✭✭✭✭flazio

School Reunion, Sarah Jane stumbles across the TARDIS, backs away from it, and the Doctor is just there waiting to say 'Hello Sarah Jane.' Sends shivers down every time.
    I'm going to cheat a little here in a few ways, firstly by it being another moment and secondly because it's a DVD extra rather then part of any episode. The Night and the Doctor extra from the Series 6 DVD 'Good Night' where the Doctor walks in with an Euphonium sees Amy sitting on the steps and tries to hide it behind her back. What follows is a beautiful Heart to Hearts between Amy and the Doctor where she tries to make sense of the events of The Big Bang and the Doctor reassures her and they head off to a fairground for ice cream. I think it's a beautiful scene which shows off exactly the kind of relationship Amy and the Doctor had.

When the doctor returns to the ship in "the girl in the fireplace" after partying with the French ;-) Love the fact that Rose and Mickey are about to have their heads chopped of and the Doctor is standing there with his tie on his head talking about a banana ;--)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,266 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

vitani wrote: »
    Everybody lives, Rose. Just this once, everybody lives!
    That's the one I came in to post!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,127 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I'd say three of my top moments are from the same episode; Forest of the Dead

- The Doctor and River's final conversation
    - The Doctor checking her sonic and his "Oohhh... look at that... I'm VERY good!"
    - The Doctor opening the Tardis by clicking his fingers.

That whole episode is insanely good, but those three moments are just absolutely incredible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

I'm only a newbie. Only been into Dr. Who since the relaunch. Liked Ecclestone, really liked Tennant (Although it did get a bit melodramatic dragging on about rose the whole time etc. But loved Donna). For the first few episodes of Smith's run I just didn't get it. I posted on here saying so. The very next episode was one of my favourite episodes. Vincent. The performances were spot on (Especially Tony Curran as Vincent).

While I love the big episodes, full of bombast too (Love the Stonehenge speech, especially the "Sorry, dropped it!" at the start), I just loved this small episode. Even down to the fact that the creature aspect looked a bit...... silly. It highlighted the absurdity of the show in an otherwise relatively straightforward episode. Reminded me of the scene where Buffy fights the vampire in the episode "The Body". So intentionally out of place.

Beautiful episode overall:

Edit: 8 posts in and no "Blink"

One of my favourites, if not thee fav, as you cannot watch it, but shed a tear as you watch the mental anguish he's going thru & i found out more info on it, while looking up the 50th.

On Doctor Who Confidential, they were lucky to get him as he had a small window, but he was more than honoured to do it. :)

How can i forget The Ultimate Ginge!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

My first exposure to Who was during the late 80s when I watched my brother's VHS tapes of classic 70s Who; early Tom Baker was my introduction, one of the first being the classic Ark in Space. Baker's 'Indomitable' speech (at around 2:10) is still pretty haunting to this day, sounding both optimistic & strangely grim at the same time. While I think I'm done with the 'edgier' Doctor in the new series, it has its roots in the melancholy moments Baker brought in the mid-70s:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭jasonb

flazio wrote: »
    I'm going to cheat a little here in a few ways, firstly by it being another moment and secondly because it's a DVD extra rather then part of any episode. The Night and the Doctor extra from the Series 6 DVD 'Good Night' where the Doctor walks in with an Euphonium sees Amy sitting on the steps and tries to hide it behind her back. What follows is a beautiful Heart to Hearts between Amy and the Doctor where she tries to make sense of the events of The Big Bang and the Doctor reassures her and they head off to a fairground for ice cream. I think it's a beautiful scene which shows off exactly the kind of relationship Amy and the Doctor had.

Thanks for this, didn't know about those scenes and watched them online, they're very good...

J.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,952 ✭✭✭ebbsy

The Doctor's phone conversation with John Simm's Master.

How about Tom Baker in DOTD ? Made me smile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,044 ✭✭✭Daith

The bit in Journey's End where Davros and Sarah Jane talk. It's about all of 30 seconds but really brings a sense of history to the story.

I have to say the speech from rings of ahkaten is up there for me

Other than that I tend to be into whole episodes, Madame de Pompadour is up there at the top (if you want a moment: "wish me luck" "no" and the very end watching with the king out the window), silence in the library/forest of the dead, the double where they're in maze of the dead, etc

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

bluewolf wrote: »
    I have to say the speech from rings of ahkaten is up there for me
    I'd be there with you if only he didn't call the big sun yoke "Baby". :pac:
    Silence in the library/forest of the dead, the double where they're in maze of the dead, etc

I remember the first time I saw Silence in the Library and I was speculating as to River's identity with my mates and we decided that 'wife' was too obvious and settled on 'biographer'. Turns out both answers were right. :D

I love the bit in the second part where she whispers his name to him. Stellar acting by Tennant there.

When Ten finally found Alonso :);)

• Advertisement

Das Kitty wrote: »
    I'd be there with you if only he didn't call the big sun yoke "Baby". :pac:

Take it! take another little piece of my heart now babyyyy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,223 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Nobody for 'The Doctor's Wife' yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭crazyderk

I only watched this the other day

Wibbly wobbly timey wimey :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭amen

Adric's death in Earthshock

+1

Didn't see it coming. As a child was devastated

All of The Day Of The Doctor :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

amen wrote: »
    +1

Didn't see it coming. As a child was devastated

As an adult, not so much. Poorly conceived character that was designed entirely to attract an audience that was already watching regardless. It was only during Colin Baker's era that the kids started to abandon the show en masse. Still, it's refreshingly novel to behold people with actual positive memories of Adric.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Wasn't a huge Doctor Who fan but this moment made me go :eek:

who-eyes-650x329.jpg

That final 15 minutes of the Day of the Doctor was epic and would now class myself as a fan of the show.

Can't wait for Capaldi's doctor. :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

"Geronimo!"
    "Allons-y!"
    "Oh, for God's sake!"

Got a good laugh out of that moment from DotD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

At 0:16, I may have squeeeeee-ed quite loudly:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Baker has such an amazing voice.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Advertisement